Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle

After the meeting with Professor Cerise, we decided to check out the rooms, going into the hallway that connected the lab and the house. We stopped at two doors and opened them, wanting to get to know our new rooms.

It was plain, but it was sort of homey. It had a bed near the window, a desk with a lamp, a nightstand, and a cabinet for my clothes. It was all fine to me, a room is a room.

Sighing happily, I dropped on the bed, with Eevee lying next to me.

"Much more comfortable than Pokemon Center bunk beds," I muttered.

"Vori!" Eevee agreed. I smiled and patted her on the head, then I stood up again and set my things down, making sure that the egg was carefully tucked in my backpack so that it remained nice and warm. When I was satisfied about its safety, I had Eevee hop on my shoulder again.

"We're going to earn our next Gym Badge, so be prepared," I told Eevee.

"Vee!" she grinned, excited for another battle.

"Yeah, yeah," I smiled slightly, "save that energy for the battle, though."

"Eevee," she smiled sheepishly.

I walked out the room as soon as Trinity walked out hers.

"Ready?" she said.

"Yeah, let's go," I replied.

We were about to head out, when we heard something saying, "Vee?"

I looked at Eevee, who was just as confused as I was. We looked at down and saw... another Eevee.

It was female, like my Eevee—I could tell due to the flower-like pattern on her tail. She wore a pink flower on her head, like my Kirlia. She looked at my Eevee curiously, who jumped off in excitement.

"Vee!" they said at once and began to have a conversation, eager to speak with another of their species.

"Whose Eevee is this?" I said, one eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Dunno," Trinity said with a gleam in her eyes as she watched both Eevee play with each other, both squealing with excitement.

I couldn't help but smile, it was pretty cute. "Professor Cerise has a daughter, right? It's probably hers."

"Could be," Trinity shrugged and put her attention back to both Eevee.

"Dad! Have you seen Eevee?" I heard a feminine voice call out from across the hall. She turned a corner and spotted us, looking curious.

She looked about our age and had long maroon hair fashioned with a pink flower like her Eevee, green eyes, and had a delicate and beautiful face.