Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos

Trinity's POV

"What the hell is that?" was the first thing I said as I witnessed the Pokemon being cloaked by an ominous aura. Something about felt so sickeningly wrong that a feeling of cold seeped through my bones. It felt so off.

The back of my hand began to glow red and black, as if reacting to the creature's strange power.

Rotom floated next to me, looking nervous. "I'm not sure... that energy is very strange." Rotom scanned it. "Trevenant, the Elder Tree Pokémon. A Ghost- and Grass-type. Trevenant spread out thin roots from their feet, connecting to the surrounding trees to control them at will."

"Rotom, take pictures of Trevenant," I ordered.

"Affirmative." Rotom saved the data it gleaned from the Trevenant and took photos of it, also saving it.

I looked at my team. "This is going to be another hard fight guys. Get ready."

They looked at Trevenant with grim determination. The Pokemon stood still, looking at them with piercing red eyes.

"Let's attack first! Machop, Bullet Punch!"

Machop shot at Trevenant and rapidly punched Trevenant. It took the attack and merely looked at Machop. Branches slithered toward Machop and grabbed him. He was thrown in the air and Trevenant raised one of its arms, forming a giant hammer made out of wood that crackled with purple electricity. Before I could so much as make an order, Machop was bashed with the hammer, flying away until he crashed next to me.

"Treve!" Trevenant bellowed and raised both hands. Shadows were shaped into claws. Trevenant swung the Shadow Claws, which extended and made their way toward my Pokemon.

"Kirlia, Disable! Pikachu, Thunder Shock! Feebas, Ice Beam!"

Kirlia's eyes glinted and Trevenant's Shadow Claw disappeared. But as it did, roots grabbed Kirlia, which allowed Trevenant to be hit by the Thunder Shock and Ice Beam. It didn't react, but it did stagger for a moment.

"Kirlia, Confusion! Break Free! Machop, Bullet Punch! Feebas, use another Ice Beam! Pikachu, another Thunder Shock!"

Kirlia used his psychic powers to loosen Trevenant's grip, but the roots kept its hold. Even while Trevenant was struck half a dozen times, it kept its eyes on Kirlia.

Trevenant opened its eyes and unleashed a point-blank Hyper Beam that was dark purple in color.

"Kirlia!" Kirlia cried out as he was engulfed by the Hyper Beam, being blasted away.

"Machop, keep using Bullet Punch!"

Machop struck Trevenant in the chest, which made its head snap at him. It raised one hand to use Shadow Claw.

"Pikachu, Iron Tail!"

"Pika!" Pikachu rushed to Machop's defense and parried the Shadow Claw with Iron Tail. But Trevenant raised its other hand and slashed Pikachu with a Shadow Claw. Without abandon, Machop was struck with the other hand.

"Kirlia, Zen Headbutt! Feebas, Ice Beam!"

Kirlia struck the distracted Trevenant with a Zen Headbutt. Before Trevenant could retaliate, Feebas fired an Ice Beam, hitting it.

"Feebas, use Surf! Kirlia, back her up with Confusion."

Feebas rode upon a wave of water, sailing at Trevenant, who formed a Wood Hammer and dispersed the Surf, hitting Feebas directly.