Chapter 10: Two Siblings

We had walked for a long time. You would expect their base or whatever to be close to where they saved us, but of course, we walked for another hour or so. The sun was nearly unseeable as it sunk lower and lower on the horizon.

It was when my feet started to hurt that Gardevoir and Kirlia stopped. They hadn't spoken at all throughout the walk.

Gardevoir turned to us, Humans, we are here. Don't make any sudden or unnecessary movements, otherwise you will scare them. And then I'll have to kill you.

You don't want to test Gardevoir, Kirlia advised, it'll be your worst and final mistake.

"So much to look forward to," I muttered while shuddering. Yep, add Gardevoir to the list of pokemon I did not want to piss off.

Trinity winced, "Yeah, I'll think we'll behave."

"Eevee..."

"Pika..."

Both pokemon were also pretty scared. I didn't blame them. In front of us were two very powerful pokemon that could probably decimate us. Gabriel's Venusaur did not compare to the chills that Gardevoir and Kirlia gave.

I gave them all a reassuring look. We could not be ruled by fear.

Gardevoir turned to look at us, her neutral gaze forming icicles in my stomach, making me feel as if the air had gotten colder by twenty degrees. How rude of us. It seems we forgot to ask you your names. May you please tell us what you're called?

"I'm Vali. Vali Shirona." I said hesitantly. Normally, I did not at all like say my last name, but it seemed proper, so I went along with it.

"And my name is Trinity Kanna," Trinity chimed in, also introducing herself.

"Eevee!"

"Pikachu!"

The two pokemon made themselves known as well.

I paused for a second, casting a sidelong glance at Trinity. I don't think I'd ever heard Trinity or Gabriel's last name. But it did sound familiar. Where had I heard it before?

I didn't have any time to wonder, though, as Gardevoir nodded. Vali Shirona and Trinity Kanna... two very nice and familiar names, don't you think, Kirlia?

Kirlia agreed, Very much so, Gardevoir. The same as two very strong trainers.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I'm talking about both of your lineages, of course. Kirlia refused to elaborate more.

Come, you'll see the pokemon when we get there, Gardevoir beckoned us to follow them once more.

We found ourselves in a lush and shimmering meadow that was littered with thousands of sparkling white lights. The meadow was next to a clear and very blue lake that reflected the moonlight, bringing a brilliant and spectacular blend of colors that made the spectacle even grander and beautiful. It was as if I stepped into some enchanted forest. The light breeze made the trees sway, making them look like they were dancing.