Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion

Vali's POV

I was exhausted when I laid on my bunk, becoming lost in my thoughts.

I was feeling upset, and I'm sure that Trinity knew.

She was beating me!

While I struggled to beat Misty with three Pokemon, she beat Misty with only two Pokemon. I think Trinity really was pulling ahead of me.

And I would have to surpass her once again.

Whenever we camped for the night, I would occasionally hear faint sounds of battling. Now I realize that it was probably just Trinity training with her Pokemon. I guess I just had to try harder. I had to work harder.

We were going to train our asses off—I was determined.

Then I remembered something: I was supposed to send those pictures that I took in Mount Moon and send them to Professor Oak, but I forgot.

"Trin," I called out.

"What?" she said from below me.

"I'm going to send the pictures to Professor Oak."

"What pictures?"

"Remember? The ones from Mount Moon."

"Oh yeah! I forgot about those."

"Me too, that's why I haven't done so."

"He'll probably call."

"Right, I'll do it now." I pulled out my Rotom Phone and sent the pictures of the strange engravings we saw in Mount Moon. I figured he would be able to put that to use, as he was already looking into the Ursaring incident.

I sent him the following message:

"Hey, Professor. I got some pictures of engravings that might be related to the abnormal Ursaring that attacked us. How's the research going?"

We waited. Trinity climbed up to the top bunk with Pikachu, wanting to hear the conversation.

Then Professor Oak called me. I answered, and his face showed up on my screen.

"Vali, my boy, so good to see you!" he said cheerfully. "How's everything?"

"We're doing good, Professor. We just got our second Gym Badge," I said.

"So you two defeated Misty, huh? A strong one, she is."

"Way too strong," I admitted.

"How's Trinity?"

"She's right here."

"Hey, Professor," Trinity said, smiling.

"Hello, dear. I hear that things are going great."

"Really great, Professor."

"How are Eevee and Pikachu?"

"Doing fine, too. Say hi, guys."

"Pika!"

"Vee, Vee!"

The two Pokemon said their greetings, making happy sounds as they recognized Professor Oak.

Professor Oak's face became serious. "Well, I reckon it's time to talk about the matter at hand. Where did you find this?"

Trinity and I took turns telling our story about our adventure in Mount Moon, how we found that engraving, how the back of our hands glowed, and how that Team Rocket girl Amina attacked us.

Professor Oak scratched his chin. "That's very worrisome," he admitted. "I'm afraid I can't identify what this could be."

"it has to be the work of some Pokemon," Trinity assured.