Chapter 46: Rift

Beginning of "Grampa Canyon Arc" (Mini Arc)

I woke up, roused my Pokemon awake in their dome and returned them into their Poke Ball. I took a shower, got dressed, and met Trinity in the hallway. We quickly ate breakfast and got our Pokemon ready.

"Hey, Professor, make sure to keep Elekid in the PC so I can bring him out if I need him," I said Professor Cerise when I made my way to his lab before leaving.

He nodded. "I understand; I'll make sure to do that."

I left Elekid to train Togepi until I needed him. From what I could tell, Togepi was tenacious and a quick learner. When I got back I would have to get him up to the same level as the rest of my Pokemon.

"Right, then I'm heading out."

"Stay safe, you two."

"Will do."

Trinity and I went outside of the lab, feeling the morning sun on our skin.

I looked at her. "You ready?"

"For more life-or-death situations?" Trinity said dryly. "Hell yeah."

I smirked. "Let us be off then." I released Golurk from its Poke Ball, casting a shadow upon the lab and everything around it.

Trinity and I had to convince Eevee and Pikachu to get into their Poke Balls, which they obviously hated. But this was about their safety, so it was for the best.

I sat at the front of Golurk, while Trinity plopped down behind me, wrapping her arms around me to steady to herself. Then Golurk took off with explosive strength, violent winds snapping at us as it ascended.

The flight itself took about twenty minutes as we blurred past the sprawling cities littered around Kanto. It was a spectacular sight indeed. The clouds drifted around us, with Pokemon of the sky circling us curiously.

When we finally made it to Neon Town, I made sure to land Golurk behind a towering cliff, where no one would see it. I thanked it and returned it to its Poke Ball.

Trinity and I brought Eevee and Pikachu out once more.

"Vee," Eevee harrumphed when she hopped on my shoulder.

I chuckled. "Come on, you know it was necessary."

Eevee melted into my head rubs, slowly losing any irritation she had felt for being trapped in her Poke Ball.

Trinity was soothing Pikachu in a similar manner, who quickly forgave her despite his resentment.

And so Trinity and I trekked another ten minutes to Neon Town.

When I thought of Neon Town, I thought of a small, more condensed collection of buildings. What I didn't expect was a wide, expansive cluster of buildings of all kinds that was more akin to a city than a town could ever be. The town was filled with such bright colors that "Neon Town" suddenly felt like an apt name for it.

"Damn, I wonder what it looks like at night," I whistled, clearly impressed.

"It's beautiful," Trinity said with an awe-filled expression.

"Eevee..."

"Pika..."

Eevee and Pikachu were similarly struck with astonishment as we were.

"So where are we meeting Brock?" Trinity wondered.

"At the Pokemon Center, I guess," I said.

We headed to the Pokemon Center, taking some time to explore the streets that humans and Pokemon alike roamed. We saw dazzling sights and attractive architecture that captured our attention wholeheartedly. I have never seen a city or town quite like this one.