Chapter 6: New Trainer

When he opened the door, I was expecting a child, not a person my age.

It was a girl with long fiery red hair and lush green eyes. She was shorter than me by a couple inches. She wore a small forest green jacket over a white shirt, jeans, white and green sneakers, and a white backpack. She was pretty, had a lithe but curvy figure, and looked like some sort of supermodel. She also looked about fifteen or sixteen, give or take a little.

That took me aback. Why was a person my age getting a pokemon just now? I know I also just became a trainer, but my circumstances were different.

But for some reason, she seemed familiar, almost as if I knew her. Maybe she went to the same school as me.

She smiled at Professor Oak, "Hey Professor. I heard you have a pokemon for me."

Professor Oak nodded, "Yes, I have one pokemon with me that would love to go with you. Let's hope... let's hope that it works."

I was silent for the entire interaction, but my curiosity got the better of me. "What do you mean 'hope that it works'?"

The two of them looked over to me, Professor Oak remembering that I was there.

The girl studied me with intelligent green eyes, "You're Vali, right?"

"Yeah, I am."

She looked at Eevee and her eyes widened a little bit, "You have a pokemon? But... that's..."

"Surprising?" I answered for her, "Yeah, I've gotten that a lot. Aren't you in my school?"

"You mean you just recognized me?" she glared at me like I'd done something bad.

I then realized why she looked familiar. She looked so similar to Gabriel. "Oh, yeah, you're Gabriel's sister... er, what was your name again?"

The girl glared at me even more, "Do you seriously not even remember my name?"

I looked at her with confusion, "Last time I checked, we've never spoken to each other."

"Yes, we did. Don't you remember that time in Pokemon Battle class when we were randomly selected to be partners?" she asked.

I thought for a second. "I remember now." We were selected to be partners in a tournament that the teacher hosted, saying that participation was mandatory. Of course, we got knocked out first round, probably because I just let the other team win. I'd forgotten about that. "So, what's your name again?"

"Wow, first you make us lose, then you forget my name," she grumbled.

"Don't know why you're so mad. Just tell me your name, goddamnit, this is getting repetitive."

"It's Trinity," she said.

"Oh, yeah, I remember now," I said in an unhelpful manner.

She sighed and shook her head.

"So, you're here to be a pokemon trainer?"

"Of course."

"So, you actually want to become a trainer?"