Chapter 19: Mega Bonds

Mega Evolution, a concept that was nigh on impossible for me to comprehend. A power that relies upon the bond of trainer and pokemon, as well as the usage of a Mega Keystone and a Mega Stone, two very rare stones and the other half of what powers Mega Evolution. The fact that Brock was able to use such a powerful gimmick meant that he was much more powerful than what I had given him credit for.

"Steelix, Mega Evolve!" Brock shouted as the light coming from his Keystone intensified in brilliance, white tendrils of light emanating from it, making their way towards Steelix.

"Steel!" Steelix roared in response. I'd just noticed the giant collar that Steelix was wearing around its neck, which held its Mega Stone in the middle. The stone shone like steel and had the same strand of DNA engraved in the middle of it. The stone glowed with the same otherworldly radiance as Brock's Keystone, tendrils of white light coming out of it in the same fashion.

As if displaying the strong bonds between the duo, the tendrils began to intercept each other, interlocking until they were connected, making the already bright light show even more luminous than it was before.

When the lights interconnected, Steelix became enveloped in the same ethereal glow, beginning to change and warp in appearance as its transformation began.

After the changes, Steelix shed the white light, bursting out of it with a bellowing "Steelix!" displaying its transformation for all to see, allowing its might to be shown.

Its body became longer, becoming almost double its mass, gaining more refined features than before. Steelix's eyes turned blue, its lower jaw becoming more heavily armored with a round, curved shape. A third pair of ridges appeared on its lower jaw, as well as two sharp and flat structures consisting of three conjoined projections on each side. The gray, rock-like spikes and its tail point became prism-like crystalline spikes, reflecting the phosphorescence of the sun that peered through the holes in the roof and walls. The segments where the spikes protruded were also much larger. A mass of metallic-looking scraps constantly rotated around its neck, as if Mega Steelix was harnessing centrifugal force.

All in all, Steelix became much more majestic than before, sparkling like the clearest and purest crystals ever found in a cave, roaring with ferociousness as its even bigger bulk towered over Aerodactyl nearly ten times over.

This was Mega Evolution. This was the bonds of evolution.

Trinity and I had our breaths stolen away witnessing such a sight, unable to do anything more than gape in awe as the sheer display of power toppled everything we had ever seen before.

"Let's finish this, Steelix." Brock said calmly.

"Steelix," Steelix grunted, staring intently at Aerodactyl, boring its crystal-like eyes at it with a menacing look.

Accepting the silent challenge, Aerodactyl bellowed and charged at Steelix, sinking its talons into the ground, seemingly about to use Stone Edge again.

Seriously, it could use such a powerful move in quick succession? Why was everything we fought so stupidly powerful? Who accidently turned on Nightmare difficulty?

The ground began to shake, giant spikes of rock coming out of the earth violently, making their way to Steelix, who stood steadfastly.

"Take it, Steelix." Brock said.

Standing still, Steelix waited as the Stone Edge ran its course, hitting it with enough force to shake the entire room, the rumbling almost causing Trinity and I to fall on our asses, struggling to regain our balance.