Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup

That night I slept terribly. More nightmares continued to haunt me like an unending wave of torment. In my dream, I was in an unfamiliar location, looking at a strange yet familiar man that had blonde hair that stretched wildly behind him in three points, the tips of his hair being white. His eyes were... gray, just like my mom and I. He even had the same bangs that covered his left eye. The striking resemblance that he had to the two of us was honestly unnerving.

He wore a white shirt that hung more loosely on one side. A gold belt wrapped around his torso. On his arms, he had two identical gold wristbands. On both hips, a golden accessory that looked like shuriken were strapped to them. He wore green cargo pants, and his boots were white and—unsurprisingly—gold.

The thing that truly brought chills down my spine was the necklace he wore. It had the same teardrop-shaped ornament that resembled the ornament that my mother bears on her coat. I didn't know who this man was, but I could tell I had some sort of connection with him.

He was standing in something that looked like a temple with cracked pillars strewn around it that resembled spears. The temple itself was made out of some white stone that could have been marble. Even though I'd never been here before, I somehow knew that it was located in the Sinnoh region. The architecture was definitely from Sinnoh.

The blonde man had a fierce grin full of malice and unbridled madness. He pointed at me—or at least, it seemed like he was pointing at me. I figured that he was pointing at someone else.

With a shout of anger, he said, "—strike them down!" I could not make out the first word he said.

A shadow loomed over him, casting the temple with darkness that caused me to shiver with fear. Behind him, a sound reminiscent to shattered glass reverberated through the air, cracks in reality forming, spreading after each heartbeat. Suddenly, a pokemon burst out of the shadowy portal, towering over the man. With a start, I realized that it was the same pokemon that saved me that day. Just like before, I could only make out the silhouette, but I knew for a fact that it was the same one.

But why was it filled with bloodlust? I felt its desire for destruction—the sickening, disturbing feeling was palpable. It was the same pokemon for sure, but why did it seem so... evil? Why did it save me if it was evil? Convoluted conundrums seemed to present themselves each passing day.

Without warning, the shadowy pokemon released a mass of shadows, stretching until the entire dream was completely submerged into the shadows, engulfing me in a chilling embrace that froze my entire being.

Three booming words rang in my head.

"I await you."

I woke up with a start, my neck prickling with cold sweat. I gasped for breath, wincing as the sun's radiance blasted my eyes. Suddenly paranoid I looked around as if the shadows of that mysterious pokemon were about to spawn from nowhere and swallow me whole. To my relief, nothing of the sort happened.

With shaky breaths, I checked my Rotom Phone, seeing that it was morning. Eevee's ears perked slightly as she woke up, her eyes opening slowly. With a cute yawn, she arched her back like a Purrloin, stretching to ease her morning stiffness. Opening her eyes completely, she looked at me and smiled. "Eevee!" she said, and I knew that she was saying Good morning in her language. It was strange that she could understand me perfectly, but I couldn't understand her—I had to guess what she was trying to tell me unless I read her body language or just simply guessed.