|19| Psychologist

Cordelia

I woke up in the hospital. That means they found me. They did it.

"How are you feeling, Cordelia?" The doctor asked me, writing something down on a paper from the monitor that was next to me.

"Ummm...I feel fine, what happened?" Even though I know at least a little of what happened, I wanted to know what happened after my eyes closed.

"I heard you were passed out, the ambulance took you and we examined you here. But we'll have to talk to you later. You have family here, do you want to let them in?" He asked me.

"Yes, please let them in." I'm quite used to them and I'd like them to be here with me.

But I also know what they want to talk to me about.

"I'll go get them." The doctor smiled gently at me and left.

As soon as the door opened, literally everyone came paddling into the room. Even the Scallets.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Dad asked me.

"I feel fine. I just have a headache." I don't know why, but for some reason I feel both physically and mentally better.

"What happened, Cori? Who did this to you?" Dad asked me.

"I don't know, I don't know who did it."

"Don't worry, we'll catch him." Dad said and sat down on the bed next to me. Then Landon came to my bed too and sat on the other side of my bed.

"What hurts?" Landon asked me. I wondered if the doctor had told them anything. I guess they have to find out somehow, though.

"Almost nothing hurts anymore." I told him. I know where he's going with this. I don't want him to blow up like that again.

"Tell me what hurts."

"I'm really fine, you don't have to worry about me." I told them. I don't know if it was just me, but I thought Landon started to shake.

"Landon, go outside and calm down." Leo shooed him away. Landon got up and walked away quickly. I could see the nerves on him. I hate it when anyone takes their anger out on anyone, especially me.

"Don't worry about him at all, he'll calm down and be fine." Leo was trying to calm me down.

"Hello, could you please leave us alone?" The doctor came in and asked.

"Of course." Dad said and they all left.

"Hi Cordelia, I have some questions for you." The doctor said and sat down on the chair that was by my bed. "Cordelia, during the examination we found scars and cuts on you from self-harm. Was there anything you wanted to tell me about?" She asked me.

The words 'scars', 'cuts' and 'self-harm' are very fragile to me. I always start to get sick of the memories, the tears and the pain.

"I have nothing to say." I said to her.

"Cordelia, I would love it if you would talk to me about maybe your hobbies or something that makes you happy. Can you tell me something about yourself?"

"My family makes me happy. I don't have any hobbies." I told her coldly.

"What about animals, do you like animals?"

"Depends on what kind, I don't like all animals."

"If you could have an animal, what would it be?"An animal? I might have to change my mind. But we had a golden retriever when I was a kid, and he was gorgeous. Unfortunately,my step-dad killed him.

"I don't know, I guess I'd need more time to decide, but I'd definitely want an animal."

"Think about it, I have one more question for you. If you could change anything at home, I mean anything, like people, characters or things. What would you change?"

Wow, interesting question. I probably wouldn't change anything at home, I'm glad I'm with them and not my step-dad.

"Probably nothing, I'm happy at home." I replied. "But if we had a pet too, I wouldn't be mad."

"Okay, I guess that's it. You need to rest, I'll send your family home, okay?" She asked me and stood up.

"Okay, I'm pretty tired."

"Okay, and do you know what kind of animal that would be?" She asked me.

I know exactly what kind of animal. "I know, it would be a golden retriever." I replied.

"It's a beautiful dog. Thank you for your answer Cordelia, I'll definitely come visit you again. Now close your eyes and sleep. See you soon." She said and left. I just shook her hand as I was really tired.

I'm scared to sleep because I often have nightmares, I get scared at nightmares.

But for some reason I fell asleep, I guess I was really tired.

-----

Landon

As soon as I left the room I felt different, so, alone.

I sat down in the nearest chair, honestly my nerves are somewhere else and the only one who can calm me down is Cordelia.

How could anyone do this to her? How.

After a while, everyone else came out. I don't think they're any better.

"Some psychologist needs to talk to her." Vinnie explained.

I feel so bad for her. About 10 minutes later, the lady came out and went straight to our place.

"You're Cordelia's family, aren't you?" She asked us.

"Yes, is something wrong?" Alexander asked.

"I talked to Cordelia. What we said will stay between us. The only thing I could tell you is that she would love to have a pet." The psychologist told us.

"A pet? No problem, did she say what kind?" I asked her. I don't care what kind of pet or how much it costs, I'll be happy if Cori is happy.

"She said she wasn't sure, but then she said a golden retriever." She told me.

They all looked at me. "That's not a problem." I told her.

"I'd better check with Cordelia if I were you, because she said she wasn't sure either." She warned us. "Cordelia needs her peace right now, so please don't go over there right now. It's also already evening, so you can come back tomorrow. Thank you, goodbye." She finished and left.

Everyone looked at me again.

"If it makes her happier, why not? A dog can't hurt." I tried to defend it.

"I guess you're right, I don't think a dog would hurt." Vinnie agreed with me.

"We'll think about it some more. Let's go home." Alexander said and we walked to their house.

I wanted to stay with Cordelia, but they wouldn't let me go to her anyway. I found out that visiting hours were already at 7am, so I planned to be there first.

I don't know how I feel about her, but I'm looking forward to it.

I can't wait, my Cordelia.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello!
I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!
Sending Love! <3
Bye! <3

Hello!I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!Sending Love! <3Bye! <3