|39| School

Cordelia

I'm going back to school today.

We're sitting in the car right now. We're almost at school. I'm incredibly nervous.

Landon gave me a little support this morning. I'm glad he's always here for me.

"Cori, promise me that if anyone looks at you the wrong way, you'll tell us. We'll sort it out. Please." Aiden begged me.

"I promise, if anything happens, I'll tell you." I tried to reassure them. I'll tell them this time, I won't keep it from them.

Already the car is parked in front of the school, I wonder if Olivia will even remember me.

As soon as we parked, we all got out of the car. As soon as I looked around, I saw Olivia running towards me with open arms. She hadn't forgotten me. As soon as she came running, I gave her a big hug. I missed her so much, I didn't have anyone to talk to about girl stuff.

But we're getting pretty good at it. "Shall we go?" I told her and we walked to the school building together.

"So? What about you and Jacob?" I asked her.

"Him? He doesn't want me, he wants you. He said he was interested in you all along and kept asking me when you were coming back." Olivia said. I don't believe it.

"Are you kidding?" I tried to make sure it wasn't true, but the look on Olivia's face convinced me it was.

I didn't even go to my locker, we went straight to the classroom where we sat by the window in the middle.

We spent the whole class telling each other what happened during that time.

----- 3 hours later -----

We're finally at lunch. Olivia's at the table with us this time.

"Hey, if I were you, I'd avoid that Jacob guy. He's cute, but I think he only wants one thing." Olivia asked me. That's what I thought from the beginning.

"Which Jacob should you avoid, Cori?" Xavier asked out loud, causing both Aiden and Liam to look at me.

"What? Olivia likes Jacob and-and Olivia said he's an asshole." I tried to talk my way around it.

"Okay, but don't lie to us." Liam warned me. FUCK.

----- 4 hours later -----

I'm finally getting home from school. I didn't get a chance to go to my locker today, but now I have to because I have to take some textbooks home.

As soon as I opened my locker, some paper fell out. I picked it up and looked at what was on it.

Dear Cordelia,

You should be careful who you're with, because you're living with dangerous people. You're in danger.

Your mother.

Oh, no way. What does she mean, I live with dangerous people? Is this just some kind of forum?

"Are you coming, Cori?" I heard Aiden, so I took my textbooks with me and put the paper in my bag.

The ride home was fine, except I kept thinking about what she meant. Is that even her? Or is someone just kidding me? I think I'll go ask Landon. As soon as we got home, I ran to my room, threw my bag on the floor, took out the paper, and ran to Landon.

Poor Shadow, he tried to greet me, but I just selfishly walked away.

I knocked on his door and Landon opened it almost instantly.

"Hey Cori, is something wrong?" Landon asked, taking me into his room. He sat me down on his bed and took my small hands in his big ones. "What's wrong, my princess?" He asked me again.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him this time. He read the paper and looked at me.

"Is your mother still alive?" He asked me. That's another thing.

"She's dead. But what does it mean that I live with dangerous people. I've been told that verbally by some people, and now this? Are you dangerous people?"

"I-I don't know what they mean. We're businessmen, and I don't know what's dangerous about it." Landon defended me. Am I really that paranoid?

"I'm sorry, I don't know what the-" I tried to apologize, but he put his finger over my mouth to stop me from talking anymore.

"Don't apologize, you don't want to be here with me?"

"I'd love to stay here with you, but can I bring Shadow?"

"Go ahead, bring him." I got out of bed and ran to get Shadow. When I opened his room, he immediately greeted me. So I took him to Landon's room.

Landon was sitting at his desk, probably working while I played with Shadow. I have to make it up to him somehow.

----- 2 hours later -----

It's 5pm and Landon is already putting his stuff away.

"Are you done?" I asked him.

"Yes, I am. What would you like to do?"

"Shall we go and bake some buns?" I hope he'll agree.

"Sure, how about the one that was at the party? It was really good." He suggested.

"All right, let's do it."

We went down to the kitchen and started making the dough. Seth and Kai even helped us. Even though they were a little upset that we didn't call them, they bit the bullet and baked with us.

"Now we're gonna put it in the oven for 25 minutes." I told them, and Seth and Kai went to watch cartoons.

"Do you have a dream?" Landon asked me. He moved closer to me.

A dream? I had a lot of dreams, but every day in London my dreams are gone. London was pure horror for me. Do I still have a dream?

"Well, I don't really know. I've never had many dreams. Or rather, I thought I'd never get them anyway." I answered him honestly. "But I have a few dreams. Like having a loving family, or having a baby. I've always wanted to go to Italy, too. I've always wanted to go to Italy. I don't know why, but I've always been tempted to go there." I thought about my dreams for a while, but I doubt any of my smaller dreams would come true. "What about you? Do you have any dreams?" I asked him backwards.

"I do, I've always wanted to find that perfect mate. Find some true love." Landon replied. He kept looking at me like that too. That's nice. I wish I could do that.

----- 20 minutes later -----

We took the dough out of the oven and we're decorating it. We left the decorating to Seth and Kai.

As soon as they finished decorating, we let it cool down and went back to Landon's room.

I am so looking forward to a well-deserved sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hey!
After a very long time I'm adding something.
I'm feeling a little better.
Thank you so much for your support and I hope you liked the new chapter.
Sending Love! <3
Bye! <3

Sending Love! <3Bye! <3