|51| Tornado?

Cordelia POV

"There's supposed to be a weak tornado here on Thursday." Dad announced. How is he that calm? There's gonna be a tornado.

"Tornado? What are we gonna do?" I asked them. They're all so calm compared to me.

"We'll do the normal thing like we always do. Don't worry at all." Gray assured me.

"And the roof won't blow off? Won't something happen to us?" I asked them. Are they really that calm?

"Don't worry, Cori, nothing will happen to us." They tried to reassure me.

"Okay, I'll trust you." I'm getting pretty scared about this, because I don't even like bulls that much. I'm really starting to get scared.

----- Wednesday night -----

It's been dark outside since yesterday and it looks like it's going to rain any minute. I'm starting to get scared because there's garbage cans flying outside, it's so windy.

It's about 6pm and I'm in Landon's room with Landon and Shadow. I'm so scared to go out with someone else because I'm afraid a tornado is gonna come and I'd rather have him with me.

Landon promised me that if the tornado comes, he'll stay with me the whole time. Honestly, he's been going everywhere with me because he's worried about me. But I'm worried, too. I'm honestly scared to go to sleep. I'm afraid something's gonna happen. I've never seen a tornado in my life. I've never had a tornado in England.

Landon's working and I'm sitting by the window with Shadow, watching what's going on outside. Also, Landon gave me one of his laptops and wants me to order some clothes or make-up or whatever i want. I honestly don't want to spend his money tho.

I've been looking at some clothes for a while. I gotta say, I'm going for the cheapest clothes on sale. And that's how I found SHEIN. They have some really gorgeous clothes, but I probably wouldn't wear them anyway because I don't really like clothes that show my body. That's why I mostly wear Landon hoodies, sweats and warm socks.

Suddenly the wind picked up and the siren started blaring. I was honestly scared out of my mind. I immediately got up and went over to Landon's with his laptop and Shadow.

Landon calmly took my hand and led me into the bathroom where Landon lay down in the tub and I lay on top of him. Since I was pretty scared, Landon tried to calm me down.

"Cori, don't be scared at all. It's just a little breeze that will pass soon." Landon tried to reassure me.

"A little wind? There's a tornado out there." After I finished saying that, we heard a loud crash. Something probably happened outside. "What happened?" I asked Landon, because I had no idea what was going on outside. Shadow laid down on our legs because I was afraid something was going to happen to him.

"Don't worry Cori, nothing happened." I didn't answer him on that one. I just held on tight to Landon. I'm safe with him. "Gray just texted me that the roof of a house outside blew off. It not ours so you dont have to worry. So maybe that was the loud crash." Landon explained.

"Are you kidding? Shouldn't we go somewhere in the basement? It could take off our roof..." I started panicking.

"Cori, don't worry. Nothing's gonna happen. Our house is well built, you really don't have to worry." Landon tried to reassure me.

I was quiet for a while because I was trying to figure out what all was going on outside. Even though we're not at the window, I'm trying to figure it out with sound. Honestly, there's always something falling outside because I keep hearing bumps.

Maybe in about half an hour, everything's been much better, you can only hear the rain. That's why Landon went out and looked out the window. I'm still supposed to stay in the bathtub with Shadow. Just in case there's still a tornado outside.

A little while later, Landon came back. "It's just raining outside, so we might as well get out of the bathroom." Landon said and came over to help me out of the tub. It's nice of him to help me even though I don't need the help.

As soon as I got out of the bathroom, I went to the window to look. Wow. But I guess it's no wonder what it's like outside.

A couple of trees are down, and I see a blackbird that shouldn't be in the garden. Then lots and lots of junk that I can't identify, probably from the trashes or the gardens, and there's quite a few large objects, like a piece of grill and what looks like a piece of roof? What's it doing in our garden?

"Landon? Why does it look like a piece of roof? Did a piece of the roof fall off?" I asked Landon.

Landon immediately came over to me and looked out the window. "It's not our roof, don't worry." I was immediately reassured, but Landon hugged me anyway. That's sweet of him. He calmed me down a little bit.

Then Landon's cell phone rang. "Come on, let's go down to the living room. I'll meet you there." Landon said and took my hand, I intertwined our fingers of course, and we went down to the living room.

As soon as we came down, almost everybody was there. 

"Are you all right?" Dad asked us.

Luckily, we were all there and no one was hurt.

We talked for a while, but since it was getting late, we went back to our rooms. Fortunately, it's only raining outside.

Landon and I are in bed now, but I still have the tornado on my mind.

"Landon?" 

"Hmmm?" Landon replied sleepily.

"Do you think there will be any more tornadoes overnight?" I asked him.

"Don't worry, there won't be. It's already passed, so you don't have to worry. If it does, there'll be sirens to wake us up. You really don't have to worry." Landon tried to reassure me.

"Okay, good night."

"Good night, Cori." Landon said, snuggling up to me even more.

I don't know how Landon does it, how he always manages to calm me down like that, but I'm glad someone does, because I can't do it myself.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hiii!
I am really sorry for not being active much. Ill try to do better.
BTW IM GOING TO START A NEW BOOK CALLED GUARDIAN ANGEL.
As soon as this book finishes, ill start posting there.
Have a wonderful day!
Sending Love!
Bye!