|34| I love her

Landon

Cori fell asleep on my lap during the movie.

"Landon, take her to her room, Vinnie, please go with him." Xander told me. I'd love to sleep with her. I don't have nightmares when I sleep with her. But I get it.

"Okay." I said and carefully took Cori bridal style and Vinnie and I went to her room.

"I know you have feelings for her and it's bugging me. But don't do those stupid things to her. You crossed the line today." Vinnie said to me.

"I know, but I didn't mean to. A lot of things just pissed me off today and I just blew up. I apologized to her, but I want to do something to surprise her tomorrow." I told him.

"Then just don't hurt her, both mentally and physically. She needs peace right now." Vinnie warned me.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt her."

We had just reached the room. Shadow was walking alone right behind us.

I laid Cori carefully on the bed and sat down next to her. Shadow lay down almost on her face, so I pushed him away and he lay down at her feet. Luckily, Cori was still asleep.

"Landon, think first before you do anything. I don't want to see her in that condition again. And I'll be honest, I don't know you like this, you've always been emotionless and since Cori came along you've been acting completely different and I'm honestly glad for that." Vinnie said to me again. I've been hearing that a lot lately.

"I have different feelings for her, she just manages to calm me down. I don't understand how, but she just does. I can't imagine her not being there for me." I answered him.

"You're in love, aren't you?"

Am i in love?

"I am." I answered him.

"Look, I'll approve of your relationship if Cori is happy with you and especially if she wants to be with you too. Dad's the same way, we've already talked about it. But I can see that Cori is really happy with you." Vinnie told me.

I noticed that when I slept here with her that neither I nor she had nightmares. I know what it's like, it isnt nice.

"Could I stay here with her tonight?" I asked Vinnie. I don't think he'll let me, but-

"I know you have nightmares, and Cori has nightmares, too. Do you think Cori would be happy if you stayed here? Isn't she upset with you?" He asked.

I wish I knew.

"Well, I don't know." I answered him quite honestly.

"Look, someone's supposed to stay here with her anyway, so you might as well stay here. I'll let my dad know." That would be great.

"Thank you." I'm incredibly grateful for a friend like that.

"Well, I'm going, but don't you do anything to her or I and everyone else will kill you." He laughed, but I know he meant it.

I won't let her down again. Not anymore.

Vinnie left, and I could go change into something more comfortable.

I got up and walked the few steps to my room to get some comfortable clothes.

When I came back, Cori was asleep, but Shadow was lying next to her face again.

I changed my clothes and lay down next to Cori, of course I shooed Shadow away from her face again.

I lay down next to Cori and pressed her against me. I was careful not to hurt her, of course. She totally fits me. Her little body into my big body.