|36| Date

Cordelia

Within about ten minutes we were at the finish line. But I still couldn't tell where we were or what was going to happen.

Landon got out of the car, opened the door and helped me out of the car. I thanked him for that.

"Where are we?" I asked him again, even though I don't think he's going to tell me anything again.

"We're at the ice rink. Have you ever skated?"  Landon asked me. We're at the ice rink?

"I've never been on skates in my life." I replied.

We got to the ticket office where Landon bought tickets and also bought us skate rentals for 2 hours. I find it cool that it's in an open area, at least I can enjoy the beauty of nature around us.

Landon helped me put on and tie on the skates and as soon as I stood up, I thought for a moment that skating would be easy.

"Landon? Is it hard to skate?" I asked him. It seems to me that he can skate.

"I guess it depends. I've been skating with your brothers since I was little, so it's pretty easy for me." Landon said. After he finished his skates, he stood up and took my hand and together we walked to the ice.

Landon went on the ice first and then turned to me and grabbed both my hands. "Come onto the ice carefully so you don't fall."

I'm glad Landon was holding me because otherwise I would have fallen. I went around the curb the first lap and Landon was holding my waist. But I have to say, it's kind of tiring.

After the first lap, I leaned on the curb and watched Landon go for a quick lap. As soon as he came in, I think he wanted to reflex a full speed turn towards me, but he got a little out of control, fell  and kept coming towards me.

I burst out laughing, even though I didn't realise he was still coming towards me and I ended up falling on top of him. But I couldn't stop laughing and neither could Landon. That's probably the first time I've seen Landon laugh like that.

I thought it was stupid that I was lying on top of him, but I really couldn't stop laughing.

So after a little while I stopped laughing and tried to stand up, but I kept slipping and I couldn't get up.

Eventually Landon helped me to my feet, and we tried again for a lap, but this time I just held onto Landon's hand.

"That was awesome." I told him. I can still laugh to this day when I think about it.

I have to say, I mean, I had enough of falling too, but 2 hours went by like water, and we had to get off the ice.

"Did you like it?" Landon asked me. He's kidding, right?

"Did you like it? It was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much for the experience." I answered him.

"Well, I'm glad." Landon started the car and we were on our way home. "Are you hungry?"

"Pretty much, why?" I replied.

"And do you have any clothes ready?"

"I do, why?"

"Well, I'll wait for you in the living room again, okay?"

"Okay."

As soon as we got home, I ran to my room and put on my pre-selected clothes. I finished a little makeup and ran back downstairs to the living room.

Landon was already waiting for me in the living room in his suit. Did it take me that long, or when did he manage to change so quickly?

"You look incredible." I thanked him in return, even though I was starting to blush. "Can we go?" He asked me. I still can't believe how handsome he is.

I just nodded my head at him and Landon took my hand again, leading me to his car where he opened the door again like a gentleman and helped me into the car.

Eventually we pulled up to a restaurant that looked quite expensive. I didn't bring any money with me. Landon and I walked into the restaurant and the waitress showed us to our seat for two.

As soon as we were seated, I looked at Landon, who after a moment looked at me. I blushed.

I can't believe I'm on my first date. And what's even more incomprehensible is that I'm so with a handsome man.

"Did you pick something?" Landon asked me.

I honestly haven't even looked at the menu much, but I'll eat practically anything.

"Not yet. Feel free to order something for me, I'll eat practically anything." I replied.

The waitress came over and took our orders. What he ordered sounded interesting.

The waitress got our food to us in no time and I have to say it looks amazing, but I can't eat that much.

"Wow, it looks amazing." As soon as I tasted it, I have to say it not only looks amazing, but it tastes amazing.

"Tell me about yourself, Cori." Landon said suddenly.

"And what would you like to know about me? My life has been ordinary, boring." I told him. I don't know if I'm ready to tell him what was really going on in London.

"Well, like how you were when you were in London. Did you like it more there or do u like it here more?" Landon asked me. "But of course, if you don't want to answer, you don't have to." He added quickly.

"Nah, totally cool. I definitely like it better here because I didn't get much attention in London, I was pretty lonely." I told him, even though my step-father was paying way too much attention to me.

"And did you have any siblings there, or did you have a step-father right? Did they at least treat you nice?" Landon asked me in such a soft voice.

"Like I said, neither of them paid much attention to me, I had an older brother, I was pretty much alone, but I didn't mind. When I came here it felt so weird to spend time with you guys when I was always alone in London. But I've got used to it and I'm glad I came to you." I tried my best to defend that, even though it wasn't really true. I'd rather my step-father hadn't paid any attention to me.

"What about the bruises you had on your body? What happened to you? I hope no one hurt you." I think he was trying not to offend me in some way, because that's a pretty sensitive subject for me.

"That's complicated though, I'll tell you another time, but not today. I'm sorry." I tried to avoid the subject.

"Okay I get it." Landon said. I'm glad he's like that, he gets it and doesn't make me say it. Even though he's annoying at times, I'm very glad he's still with me.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday-

"Hey, it's okay. I already told you it was fine, I forgive you." I tried to calm him down. I don't want him to worry about it at all.

"Thank you, Cori, I really do."

----------------------------------------------------------

And I thank you so much for your votes. Thank you for Reading this book. HAVE A GREAT DAY! <3
SENDING LOVE OF COURSE! <3
BYE! <3

 HAVE A GREAT DAY! <3SENDING LOVE OF COURSE! <3BYE! <3