🦇ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴛ🦇

Scene: Local Animal Shelter

The barks and meows could be heard as Giselle and Maya entered, the latter chewing on her usual pink bubblegum and texting on her phone.

"Sooo, why are we here again?" Giselle asks the beauty Influencer.

"My uncle and aunt say I spend too much time on my phone so they want me to buy a pet that'll distract me," Maya says, continuing to text. "Which is complete bullsh1t,"

"No, they're definitely right," Giselle says, staring at Maya, unamused.

Maya glances at her, then sighs and puts away her phone. "Fine, let's buy a pet,"

"What kind of pet do you want though?" Giselle crosses her arms.

"Any kind, I don't really care," Maya shrugs.

Giselle rolls her eyes.

The two girls then approached a cage that had a hamster inside. The small, adorable rodent was nibbling on an apple slice from a mini cup, ignoring the girls.

"Awww, this hamster is so cute!" Giselle gushed. "Right May?" She looks at Maya, only to see the actress taking a picture. "Really Maya?"

"Hi there!" A friendly redhead man with freckles came up to the duo. "Are you looking to purchase a pet?"

"Yep, not for me though, for my friend here," Giselle gestures to Maya, who was texting. "Sorry, she's... glued to that thing," She snatches the phone out of Maya's hands and glares at her.

"Gigi what the he-"

"This friendly man here is, um, what's your name?" Giselle asked the redhead.

"Richard," The man replies. "I'm the owner of the shelter,"

"This man is Richard, the owner, and he wants to know what pet you wanna buy," Giselle told Maya.

"I'd recommend the hamster actually," Richard gestures to the hamster. "The poor thing wasn't being fed by his last adoptive family and luckily we took him back before he could go to hamster heaven," He frowns.

"Oh, that's horrible," Giselle frowns as well.

"He's doing fine though, but if you wanna buy him, I'd advise you to feed him regularly," Richard says to Maya.

The Lang girl examines the cute hamster. "...He is pretty cute," Her mouth formed into a small smirk. "Okay, I'll buy him,"

"Great! Follow me to the counter so we can fill out the paperwork," Richard then leads Maya away.

After they left, Giselle continued to look at the dogs and cats in the cages, including the snakes!

The singer looked inside an empty cage before she began to move on.

Wait... empty cage?

Giselle did a double take. It did indeed look empty. However, she leaned closer, trying to get a closer look. She could've sworn she saw something hanging above the cage-