🥰ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ꜱᴇᴛᴜᴘ🥰

Scene: Collége Françoise Dupont

Scene: Collége Françoise Dupont. Next Day.

The Agreste car arrives and Adrien gets out. He rushes up the steps and into the building.

He looks around and sees Giselle sitting with her friends by a bench. He approaches them. "Giselle!"

The rainbownette looks at him. "Morning Adrien, how are you?"

"Not so good, did Kalianna arrive yet?" Adrien questioned.

"Yeah, she went upstairs to Miss Bustier's class." Giselle replies.

"Thanks so much," Adrien then hurries towards the closest staircase, only for this path to be unfortunately blocked by Lila.

"Good morning, Adrien!" She smiles sweetly at him.

"Morning." After that sharp and simple reply, Adrien tries to go around her, but she steps in his way.

"Whoa, what's the rush? Do you have somewhere to be?" Lila tilts her head.

'Yeah, away from you.' Adrien thought. "Yeah, to class." He decided to say instead of speaking his mind.

"But the bell hasn't even rang yet." Lila mentioned.

"Lila, just get out of my way alright?" Adrien demands in annoyance.

Lila stares at him blankly, then unexpectedly smiles. "Of course."

She then steps aside, allowing Adrien to go upstairs. She watches him go with a frown.

Scene: Miss Bustier's Classroom.

Adrien enters and saw Kalianna sitting by her desk drawing in her sketchbook. "Kal!"

The noirette looks up at him briefly, then looks down at her drawing, which is of a rose. "What is it Adrien?"

Adrien swallows thickly, then closes the door and goes to sit down next to her. "You... didn't answer my calls or reply to my texts yesterday."

"I saw them. 60+ missed calls and 47 texts, that's awfully out of character for you Adrien." Kalianna says, drawing a falling rose petal.

Adrien blushes slightly. "I know." He looks at her. "Did I freak you out?"

Kalianna shook her head. "No; but I do want an explanation. I thought you and I were finally taking a step forward, and now it feels like we've taken a few steps back."

Adrien scoots closer to her and grabs her free hand, causing her other hand that was drawing falling rose petals to stop. "Look, Kalianna,"

The two were unaware Lila had silently creaked open the door to the classroom and was now spying on them.

"I'm so sorry for missing our date yesterday," Adrien apologizes. "My father forced me to play the piano for him for so long, so long that you couldn't wait for me anymore, and he took my phone away so I couldn't contact you while I played for him."