Part 30

The day i was dreading. The day i had to say goodbye one last time to my Gran. I was stood there in the mirror looking at myself. I had changed into:

And i had a black coat over the top as it was freezing outside

And i had a black coat over the top as it was freezing outside. I wore my mothers Black hat and i just didn't want this day to come. The second most important Woman in my life has gone. I feel like my world has came to a complete End.

I sit on the bed and i smooth buddy. He knew someone was up. He is a smart dog. I hear a knock on my door and i stand up walking towards it. When i open there Robert was stood:

 When i open there Robert was stood:

(In that outfit)

His stubble was freshly cut. His hair was styled and all i could do was look at him with sorrow.

"Come here princess" he says.

He opens his arms for me and I gracefully hug him. He holds me and i listen to his heartbeat through his Chest.

"Shh its okay to Cry now but princess you Need to Keep strong for Everyone now. The service will be starting soon. I promise you it will be okay. Im going to be next to you every step of the way" he whispers.

"I know. Thank you" i say.

I pull away from him and i put buddy on a lead. We walk downstairs and two guards had grans two corgis so I asked another guard to have buddy. I stood next to my brothers and they both held my hand. I was putting on a brave face but deep down i knew I wouldn't be able to keep it in all day.

A few young boys carried Grans coffin and the guards did their things. A few words were said and then once the coffin was on the car we started walking behind it. The band was playing the drums as we walked. William held Kate's hand. Harry held Megan's hand so i went to hold Roberts hand. He smoothed the top of my fingers.

We walked for a while until we got to Westminster abbey. Same as before the guards did what they had to do and the boys carried the coffin inside where all of us followed. What i found horrible about today also is everyone has spoke to me but my father. I know its upsetting for him its his Mother. Im not even going to try and think about it though.

We walked through the church and we sat in rows. William harry their wives and kids sat in the row first then me and Robert was at the end. My father and all the rest of my family was on the next front row. Just looking at the coffin was making my heart hurt even more.

"Im here" Robert says rubbing my hand.

I smile lightly at him and all i wanted to do was climb into his Lap and hug him until i fall asleep.
We carried on waiting and a few words were said about gran. Then music and singing. Then another few words again. Singing again. William and harry and dad said a few words and then it was me.

I stood up by the mic and looked at the words i had written down. My heart was in my stomach or what was left of it. I look over at Robert and he mouths.
'You got this princess' and i nod.

"Queen Elizabeth Mary Windsor. One of the most important Women to me and Many others in this country. She was the Best queen that anyone could ever wish for and i know for a fact that i wont live up to that but i will try my best. She made my dull days into not so dull days. She taught me that love is love. Who ever you love is who you chose it doesn't matter about what other people think. She had her good days and like all of us in this room she had her bad days. She was a tough old cookie but i would of never of thought i would have to say goodbye this soon. When mum passed she was there for me through it all. She fixed part of this broken heart of mine and then broke it again when she left. Im just hoping this puzzle will be fixed again soon. Her words to me when my mum passed were Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. Its darker when a light goes out than what it would of been if it had never shone and those words stuck with me. She was my new light to shine on me and at this point in time i know this light has dimmed but hasn't gone out. I know she will look down on us all and be proud. I will miss her like many of us in here but i am going to do her proud by taking over her role and playing the part of what she is used to doing" i say.

I look up and its all blurry. My eyes were full of tears. I walk back down to the others and Robert squeezes my hand lightly and hands me a tissue. I have to be strong. The last song was being played while the body was leaving The abbey and heading in the direction of the Chapel she was getting buried in. We all walked back outside and stood in silence and at the corner of my eye i see charlotte burst into tears and that set me off.

I sobbed and I embraced charlotte into a hug. We cried together and it was the most heartbreaking experience. Her little sobs along with mine. I couldn't do anything but hug her. After the song finished and the coffin was away we all start to head back to the palace. I think all of us just needed our space.

"Will you be okay?" William asks hugging me as we arrived.

"Sure. Not yet but i will be. What about you?" I ask.

"I will be. Its tough. You were so strong" he says.

"I have a weak heart. Anything gets me started. I will see you tomorrow" i say.

He kisses the top of my head and i go to harry. I hug him but the person who i was surprised to see waiting to see me was my dad.

"How are you holding up?" I ask him.

"Like everyone. I will be okay. Im proud of you My Princess" he says.

I hug him and the first time in ages i feel the connection to my father and its on the wrong day.

"Im here for you dad. Just remember" i say.

"Im sorry i have been a crap father" he says wiping his tear.

"How about a fresh start? Granny would hate to see us growing apart" I suggest.

"Yeah. I love you" he says.

I hug him again.

"I love you too dad" i say.

I pull away and i walk towards Robert. He hugs into me and here is where the breakdown of the night starts.