Part 2

3 days later I was still managing to give both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra quite the challenge in this little game of tag.

I had traveled from city to city rather seamlessly, but after a few days knew I had to make a quick return to my apartment. I knew where I had left my bear, I knew they wouldn't have looked there even if they had decided to clear the building out, I simply had to sneak in and grab it.

I had tried to pull it out whilst on the run, only to find I had left it when the Avengers got the drop on me. I cursed myself endlessly for forgetting such a valuable piece of my life, but I hadn't actually planned on having to ditch my apartment, or for them to get there so quickly. I had hoped the avengers hadn't realized which apartment was mine and focused more on protecting the gauntlet so I could return without issue.

When I got to the alleyway of my apartment building I quickly teleported to my bedroom and grabbed the white bear, pocketing it. I went to teleport back down immediately, but I was ambushed as soon as the thought of the alley hit my brain.

I wasn't necessarily worried about confrontation, however I definitely wasn't expecting to get shot by a tranquilizer immediately. I didn't even get a good look at who had a tight hold on me before black clouded my vision, and I prayed to whatever god would listen that it wasn't Hydra.

I woke up in a yellow-framed cell, the glass clear with only a dull tint. My throat was on fire, my eyes feeling dry as could be and my head felt atrocious.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I sat up, already knowing this wasn't Hydra. I had seen the strong majority of Hydra holding cells, and not a single one was even half as nice or accommodating as the glass with a single cot. Especially none of the ones I had personally been escorted to.

Hydra knew better.

"Ah, you're awake." I heard from the corner of the room. I looked up to see the infamous man an eye patch, who I already knew to be Nick Fury. He was standing beside several other people, one of whome I immediately recognized as Captain America.

"Best nap of my life. I'll take a second dose of whatever it was you gave me." I immediately responded dryly, sitting up and fixing my hair back into a ponytail, trying to ignore the pounding in my head.

"Refuse to talk and I might just do that." He responded, clearly attempting to be threatening. "My name is Nick Fury, director of shield."

"Huh. Here I thought you were busy hosting SpongeBob." I responded nonchalantly. "Must be one busy pirate."

The group's lips thinned and Fury's eye narrowed, but I saw a small smirk on Stark's face.

"What's your name?"

"I've been called lots. I'm sure you'll come up with one for me yourself."

The Captain huffed and licked his top teeth. "How old even is this kid?"

"I'd bet I'm a lot younger than you, but I'm not a kid." I responded with a smirk, leaning back against the glass my cot was so graciously bolted to.

"Alright, this is going nowhere. Listen here, little marauder." Stark began, pointing a finger at me. "Why'd you take the gauntlet?"

I watched as the same two men from the alley before came down, both standing uneasily as they stared directly at me. I only looked at Stark, an eyebrow raised and what I knew was amusement gracing my every other feature.

There was mumbling within the group before Fury pointed at the two gods. "Watch her." He said firmly before the rest of them walked out of the room.

"Who are you?" The blonde asked immediately. I rolled my eyes.

"Forgive my brother's poor manners, darling. He's had quite the epiphany." Loki said with a smile, walking ahead of his brother and closer to my cell. "I am Loki of Asgard, god of mischief and lies. This is Thor, god of thunder... and annoyance." Thor's scowl only grew rougher as his brother spoke.

I couldn't masque the smile on my lips, raising my eyebrows with an amused grin. "Aurora."

I wasn't sure what was up with the dark haired man, but I could tell from the looks he got from the others, as well as the discussion he and Thor were having in the alley, that he was the outcast. If he got answers out of me, the rest of them would probably be furious... That alone was comedic enough to give crumbs.

"Aurora." He repeated, looking me up and down. "You work for Hydra, yes?" The question was asked in a simple, friendly way, and Loki's grin didn't leave his face. I wondered to myself how good the 'god of lies' was at telling a lie from the truth.

"Nope." I responded, popping the 'p' on the word as I leaned forward off of the wall.

"You're a good liar." He said as his grin grew.

"I don't think I've ever heard a better compliment. Do continue boosting my ego."

"Loki." Thor grumbled beside Loki as he stepped up beside him. "We aren't supposed to speak to her."

"You started it, brother." He said as his glance shifted to Thor, before looking back at me.

"I adore the brotherly love, gentlemen, but I'd adore you both much more if I could have a drink." I interrupted, finally struggling to speak as my throat continued to burn.

Thor shifted uneasily, looking up at the cameras. His brother, however, immediately had a glass of water in his hand. He opened up the slot for the cell, sliding it in before he closed it.

"Thank you, handsome."

He grinned once more in response, and I took the glass before walking back to my cot. I drank it entirely within a few minutes and set the glass down. After only a bit longer, the two gods were switched out for a couple of normal shield agents, and they spent the rest of the day staring mindlessly at me. Not a single expression was visible on their faces for the entirety of their stay, and I rarely ever even caught them blink.

The lights went out several hours later, and I huffed as I laid back in my cot. I wondered how long, exactly, I'd be in this cell, but that night I also learned something. The cell was meant to be anti-magic, surely... But I still had mine. At least partially, I could still pull from my pockets, and I could still go into shadow form. Anywhere there's light, there's shadow. And no one can contain a shadow.