Part 35

Loki took a single step forward as I turned around, I'm sure the rosiest of blushes on my cheeks as I opened my mouth, but my voice was caught in my chest.

Damn it! Say something!

"You don't need to say anything, Rory." He stated quietly. "And for the record, I was not teasing you... Not in the way you seem to believe, at least."

But he was teasing me?

Another step. Then another. Until my face was forced upwards to look at him, his towering figure over me.

I couldn't help it, I breathed out a laugh. "But... You were teasing me for being jealous?"

This made Loki sigh, and I could nearly feel his frustration.

Oops?

He grabbed my chin, not too harshly but forcefully enough that my focus couldn't possibly stray from him.

"Here's what we're gonna do, yes? You're going to go into your room and take a nice, hot shower just as you do every evening, while I order you some dinner, since you hate onions so much."

He smirked as even more embarrassment crept on me. Had he been listening the entire time?

"Then I will come in here, with your food, and we are to watch the movies we discussed. Yes?"

I only nodded a bit, biting my cheek.

"Good." He stated with a smile. "I'm going to kiss you now."

I didn't even have the opportunity to think of the words leaving his mouth before he leaned in, a sweet kiss falling on my lips so softly I had only a second to respond before he was pulling away.

"Go on." He said with a sly grin, reaching passed my side to open my door for me. "I'll be back."

I stood there, dumbfounded for what felt like a long few minutes before I could even gain control of my own mind, my hand having an embarrassingly slow reaction as two of my fingers touched my lips. I looked at Shadow.

"That just happened, right?"

The wolf sighed, just walking to his bed and plopping down.

"Don't you go getting frustrated with me." I grumbled before grabbing a towel and my robe, heading towards the bathroom.

Loki's POV (Third Person)

She was thinking.

So much.

So, so loud.

Loki had never had this problem with others. He could always choose when he wanted thoughts to come to him, when he wanted to listen. But even when he tried to drown it out, Aurora's were like a second voice in his head.

The way she thought of his touch, the way she thought of his words... It took everything in him not to get up from that table and snatch her into the nearest room, but each time he was on the verge of it she'd scold herself harshly, even think of how embarrassing it would be for him to listen.

That feeling would almost turn to a chuckle each and every time, but he had managed, somehow, to push it down until she abruptly left the table, her mind grumbling of how horrible onions were.

He couldn't stop his feet from following in a quick stride, ignoring the knowing looks from his own mother as he followed exactly like the 'love sick puppy' she'd already believed him to be.

But gods, was it worth it when he made his presence known. She was completely, hopelessly flustered. She couldn't even say anything as she stared at the god, her usually snarky and sarcastic tongue now failing her in every way, her cheeks the darkest shade of pink he had ever seen her, and pure, unmatched trepidation in her eyes.