Part 19

I didn't wake up until the next morning, to my own surprise. Loki had laid down with space between us the evening prior, a stark difference to his cuddly persona when drained, but we had somehow managed to cuddle up in the night despite that.

I found my head to be on his chest, one of his hands resting on the arm that draped over his torso and another wrapped around my waist.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." He immediately teased to let me know he was awake.

"Good morning." I hummed, not even bothering to try to move.

Loki chuckled. "That's 9 hours. I'd say we've beaten the previous record."

"And I didn't even have to get out the teddy bear you judge so harshly." I responded with a smirk before letting go of Loki long enough to check on the puppy.

There was no way he hadn't made a mess somewhere in my room, given the length of time we had slept. He had been so good throughout the day when it came to letting me know he needed out, but I must've slept through it.

I felt confusion settle fully into me as he laid peacefully in his bed, fast asleep without a mess in sight.

"I took him out a couple hours ago, darling." Loki said quietly. "You were sleeping far too peacefully to wake."

"I-, thank you, Mischief. I appreciate it."

"Anytime. And, for the record, I do not judge your love of children's toys."

I rolled my eyes, "It's only the one. It's... A sentimental thing."

"Oh, then I really don't judge your love." He chuckled. "I was perhaps a bit judgmental if you just liked child's entertainment."

I rolled my eyes again, though with a smile as I summoned the bear to my hand.

I never showed people my bear, especially not purposefully, but I shrugged as I set it down on my bed.

"My dad gave it to me."

"Your... Dad." Loki repeated, staring down at the bear.

"Yep." I pepped as I stood and stretched my arms above my head. "It's silly, but he won it for me in one of those claw machines they have at arcades. When he left, he gave me that necklace, so I put it on the bear, and." I motioned at it before going to my closet to find an outfit to change into.

Loki bit his cheek as he stared at the necklace, not even attempting to hide his gaze.

"What? Think it's ugly?" I teased.

"Wha-... No, it's very nice darling." He responded.

"So, is your brother gonna get it today?" I questioned with a grin to the god, purposefully changing the subject before Loki could get any more awkward.

"What exactly are you referring to?"

"Over the horse thing." I giggled. "Though, I am surprised you got so angry. I didn't think Midgardian lore would anger you so."

"It wouldn't normally." Loki agreed. "But there's... More to that story, than Thor's ridiculous fictions."

I raised an eyebrow as I came back into the room, plopping back down on the bed. "Ooh, story time." I grinned, making Loki chuckle.

"Odin had a horse, yes? Named Sleipnir."

I nodded.

"He got ahold of my mare thanks to an injudicious stable boy, and about a year later she had this gorgeous, silver grey colt."