Part 15

I was unsure how long we'd slept when I woke up groggily to the puppy vigorously inspecting my face, a mixture of kisses and nuzzles on the entirety.

I smiled, nuzzling my head forward onto it as I kissed it between the ears.

I looked down at Loki, who was still completely out, his breath soft and rhythmic as his chest raised and fell contently against me, his head still on my chest as his loose curls draped over me in places.

"You likely need something to eat and a potty break, huh?" I asked the pup as I slowly slipped away from Loki.

"Darling~" he whined, trying to grasp at me again.

A surprised chuckle escaped my lips as I wiped his hair from his face.

"Sorry, handsome. The puppy needs to go outside." I hummed. "You need anything? Something to eat, some water perhaps?"

"Don't leave." He mumbled, his head tilting as his eyes opened slightly.

This was completely normal for energy drain, at least from what I had experienced. For a magic user, not having your magic was terrifying and nearly delusion inducing. I could only imagine how much worse it was for Loki, given he had far stronger abilities than myself.

To top off his likely severe anxiety, we were in a tower full of other abnormally powerful individuals.

"You can come with me, or I can put a shadow wall on the door to make sure nobody bothers you." I said quietly, my hand now freely running through his hair. "Either way, you're safe. You're okay."

He closed his eyes with a sigh, "I suppose I should say hello to my mother."

"Your-...." I felt my eyes grow wide, earning a chuckle from the god.

"What is that look for?" He questioned softly, a smile gracing his still tired features.

"I just... I suppose I made quite the impression." I groaned, helping him up.

"You care to make a good one?" His smirk was far too smug and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it's polite to try to make good impressions, is it not?"

"Sure, darling. Sure."

Picking up the furball on my bed, I walked with Loki down to the commons, watching as he seemed to inch closer to me when voices sounded around the room.

He was trying to be nonchalant about it, about the way he nearly connected to my back as he followed a single stride behind me.

"I assume your daggers are in your dimension pocket, yeah?"

He slowly nodded, not quite looking at me as he eyed the team, watching them like a hawk prepared to swoop down on a rodent. I materialized one of my own, placing it in his hand.

"Don't stab any of the team." I mumbled as I walked towards the kitchen. "It's just to make you feel better."

"No promises." It earned a glare from me, but he grinned.

"Brother! You're up." Thor seemed surprised by that fact, and Loki feigned annoyed confusion.

"Yes, you oaf. Most people are in the middle of the afternoon."

Thor seemed thoroughly unamused by the statement, but smiled when he glanced at me.

"Don't open the odious trash bin you call a mouth." Loki grumped as he crossed his arms.

"Loki, darling, stop being so impudent with your brother." The same woman came beside Thor, smiling warmly at her other son as she continued walking to hug him.