Part 33

Frigga and I sat and talked long after I was done speaking about my father. She wisely didn't pester me, instead switching to telling me embarrassing stories about the two princes.

Thor getting caught with a 'warrior friend' on Odin's throne was likely the most memorable, though I did like the stories of Loki's mishaps when learning magic, turning his desk into a vile creature they call a bilgesnipe during a drunken night in the middle of Jól, which also coincided with his birthday, being one of the funniest.

"Give him a chance to explain himself, will you? He did have good reason." Frigga said as we stood to go back.

I paused, but eventually relented with a small nod.

"Good." Frigga grinned, watching as I called for Shadow before she laid a gentle hand on each of us.

Going back up the elevator at the tower, Frigga was instantly back to discussing how odd Midgard had become over the years.

"When Odin sent Thor to Midgard, I was unaware this country even existed." The queen chuckled as we were walking out.

"I'd imagine many wish they could forg-"

"Mother! Where have you been?!" Thor boomed out in a sigh. "You're not supposed to leave our company while here!"

"Chill out." Frigga stated back, before glancing back to me to ensure she used the phrase properly.

I nodded.

"I-, uh... What?"

"She said chill out, Fabio. She was fine." I rolled my eyes at the thunder god as I took Shadow's harness off of him. "She's a big girl; she can look after herself."

Thor cleared his throat with a glance between the pair of us, before slowly nodding and retreating back to himself.

"Where's your brother?"

"His chambers, I believe."

Going up to Loki's room, I knocked once before I heard his growl.

"Sigyn, so help me I will tear your-"

"Woah there, Van Helsing. Way too much hostility for so early in the day." I responded quickly, though felt my teeth grit at the idea of him thinking it'd be anyone other than myself barging in his room with a single knock.

Loki stiffened, his back still facing me as I walked into his room.

"I... I thought you were-"

"Sigyn, apparently?" I questioned with raised brows as I flipped myself onto his bed. His stare was intense as he eyed me on his blankets from his spot across the room, chin tilting upwards in confusion.

"I-"

"Your mom kidnapped me earlier." I stated, both in a way to lighten the mood as well as change the subject away from the handmaiden.

"She what?"

"Yeah." I laughed. "Snatched Shadow and I from the lobby. Took us to Norway."

Loki's eyes widened, a stunned expression gracing his his features, "I'm.. Sorry."

"It's fine. Kinda fun." I shrugged. "So... Would you like to explain why you were keeping secrets, or..."

"Yes." He affirmed quickly, seemingly shocked I'd even give him the opportunity. He looked down at me for a amoment, before coming towards the bed and taking a seat beside me. Silence filled the air for only a moment before he breathed out, "I know what it feels like to think you don't belong."