Chapter One

Introduction

Introduction

Y/n's Pov:

All men are not created equally.

"Dammit! Hurry Twice!" I yelled back at him as I and the others ran through the dark alley. We didn't know where we were running to but we just kept going.

I learned that from a young age. I learned the sad truth about our society.

Twice quickly multiplied himself only for all his clones to be burned away by that hero's flames. Dabi was in front of me, trying to run faster with Toga on his back.

She had passed out and was losing some blood. I was trying to cut those damn heroes off but they just kept appearing.

I learned that people with more power will abuse the ones with less. They will drive us out and in one way or another kill us.

Physically and emotionally.

I was shot in the leg by a hero with a gun quirk. I tripped for a moment but I kept going. I was running on adrenaline but I didn't care.

My only job was to get them out of here and I planned on doing so. And if I fail I know father will not be happy.

We turned the corner and that's when I took the chance to alert Kuroguri to open a portal for us. Until then I quickly looked back for a moment and watched one of the heroes get slammed into the wall.

When I was younger, I used to watch the heroes on tv and think they were amazing. Like most children, I dreamt of being a hero too.

But like life, some things just don't work out.

'You can't be a hero.' Those words played on repeat every single day. And every day I was reminded that I was different... I was weak among my peers.

Dabi tried to use his quirk against the heroes but since Toga was on his back he couldn't aim it well. So he missed and the heroes just kept coming at us faster.

'Mama... Papa....' I remember them, every day. I remember the moments we shared before they... Well, it doesn't matter now.

The portal opened and finally, we were about to be free from the heroes. Until something shot threw the side of my head and I went down.

I won't be weak anymore.

My head hit the concrete hard, I felt blood pouring out. Dabi and Twice stopped for a moment to look at me. They were debating whether to come back and help me or leave without me.