Chapter Nine

Get Help!

Get Help!

Y/n's Pov:

"Uh, are you okay?" I asked Present Mic as he coughed into his elbow.

He looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, just tired." I don't believe that at all but I won't argue with him. I went back to work and finished early.

I looked back up at Present Mic and saw he was a bit busy with not dying. I decided to pull out that Mechanics manual I found the other day and try to finish it.

It had thirty chapters and I was on twenty-eight. If I don't have any distractions I can finish it within an hour.

I quickly got to reading but I was rudely interrupted by Present Mic's coughing. I tried to read again but he coughed...again.

I sighed, I tried to shake it off and ignore it. "Watcha reading there listener?" Oh so now he wants to stop coughing. "Just a book I found at Eraserheads."

He looked at the title and then back at me. "You like reading that stuff?" I genuinely thought about the question and shrugged. "It's interesting. I think I like figuring out how things work. Like robots or toasters!"

Toasters are pretty cool.

He coughed once more before speaking. "You should check out the library, they got hundreds of books just like that."

Library? This school has a library?

I blinked a few times. "I can't go anywhere without a teacher and I doubt Eraserhead will take me there." I knew Present Mic would take me he's just that nice.

"Well, I can take you right now since you're finished with your work." Thank you Present Mic for having such a kind heart.

I quickly nodded. "Let's go!" I stood up and followed him out the door. We walked for a while until he opened a big door for me and I walked in.

I saw tons of shelves filled with books. "Here let's find the books you're interested in." We walked around looking at the signs until we found one that said engineering.

We walked down the aisle and he pointed to the books. "Here you go, I think this is similar to that one." He handed me one and I looked at the title.

"Engineering for beginners?" He nodded and coughed. "Yep, you can sit on the floor and read it. I'll be over there keeping an eye on you." I think he just wanted a few minutes to himself, I was perfectly okay with that.

I nodded and sat on the floor as he walked over to the table and sat down there.

I opened the book and began to read.

I finished four books by the time I realized I forgot to keep track of time for us.

Present Mic was asleep at the table. I wanted to stay and continue reading but I knew the right thing to do was go back to the classroom and finish the rest of my lessons.