Chapter Seventeen

New Light!

New Light!

Y/n's Pov:

"I don't understand why you made Kaminari short-circuit himself." I said as we walked out of the classroom.

Bakugo was pissed but still had a calm expression. "That idiot needs to watch where he's going." I looked at him confused. "You bumped into him. On purpose."

He shrugged. "Still an idiot." I shook my head and continued walking with him to the library for an assignment Cementos gave us.

Ever since Bakugo and I hung out we've been sticking by each other, we had turned into two peas in a pod. One couldn't go anywhere without the other.

I expected him to make a big fuss over it but he never did. He just went with it like it was natural, I liked that. During our free time, he explained to me how different quirks work and even went into detail about some of our friend's quirks.

I asked him why and how he knew all that and he said it was because Midoriya is always whispering to himself about it during class and free time.

And since Bakugo sits right in front of him he has to hear it all, and it's been like that since their first year.

This one time I had told him I thought Midoriya was nicer than him, he rolled his eyes and flicked my forehead. I punched him hard in the shoulder.

Still, I like that we're friends now. I didn't expect it to be like this but I like that it is, it makes it feel special in some weird way.

We were walking down the hall when we saw Nezu walking in our direction with a big box. It was too big for his body so he was swayed left and right almost losing his balance.

I heard Bakugo laugh before I went up to Nezu and asked. "Do you need some help?" He stopped and looked over the box to see me. "Oh yes, that would be quite helpful!"

I smiled as I took the box from him and looked back at Bakugo. "You go ahead I'll catch up with you later." He seemed like he was about to say something but rethought it quickly.

He just gave me a nod and walked away. "I was just going to drop it off at my office," Nezu said as he began to walk, I followed right beside him.

"How have you been Y/n? I know we haven't talked since your first day here but it's never too late to catch up is it." Damn, the first day of school, that feels like forever ago.

"Great! I'm really liking it here." He hmmed. "And with Eraserhead? I'm sure living with him isn't the easiest." I laughed at how true that was.

"Yeah but it's been okay. He can't cook for the life of him but still, after a while, he became someone I look up to." I smiled at the thought.

"I see you've gotten close to Bakugo, that's something I thought I'd never see." I felt my face heat up a bit. "He's nicer than he looks I swear."

It was Nezu's turn to laugh. "I'm glad you and him have gotten along. I remember the days when he didn't like talking to anyone, except for Ejiro Kirishima but even then."