Chapter Four

Detour Plans!

Detour Plans!

Y/n's Pov:

I was woken up by Eraserhead who had shaken me awake.

I reluctantly sat up and before I could say anything something was thrown at me. "What the hell man what's your problem?" I rubbed my eyes and tried to look at him while they were still blurry.

"Read that over while I make breakfast. Make sure you read it word for word." He walked away and I just yawned.

After stretching my back out a bit I grabbed whatever he threw at me. I blinked a few times to see it clearly. It was three papers stapled together and the title read 'Rules and Regulations.'

What the hell is this? I started reading and didn't understand the first sentence. 'As UA welcomes you to our campus there are rules you must abide by at all times.'

UA? I got to the end of the first page when Eraserhead called out. "Come eat." I got up and took my papers to the kitchen table. I sat down and looked at the puddle of food he made.

Runny eggs and burnt bacon...my favorite.

I didn't begin to eat instead I looked up at Eraserhead. "What's a UA?" I asked him as he was about to eat. "You don't know what UA is?" Obviously not if I asked.

I shook my head and he just stared at me like he was thinking. "It's a school where we teach the next generation heroes." I glanced at the papers once more. "Then why am I reading a paper about it? I'm quirkless remember."

He seemed surprised I said that so easily. "Yes, but you won't be joining the hero courses." He finally started to eat and didn't speak anymore.

So I'm joining something else at UA? I still had a lot of questions but I hope these papers can answer some of them.

I started to read again and let my breakfast go cold.

This answered none of my questions.

Eraserhead was sitting on one side of the couch watching some weird show while I was on the other side re-reading these UA papers. "These rules don't make sense."

I looked over at Eraserhead. "Which ones?" He kept his eyes on the tv when he spoke. "Like the one that says I can't go to the bathroom unless a teacher takes me and stands outside the stall."

That's just gross.

He just sighed. "I didn't make them, but whether or not I did you have to follow them." All of this feels weird.

I finally put down the papers and just stared at the tv. I feel alone like I don't have anyone by my side. I wonder if I felt like this before I lost my memory.

If so how did I get through it then? And how do I get through it now?

"Why are crying?" I didn't even notice I was. I quickly wiped my eyes and just acted natural. "I'm not." I got up from the couch and headed to the bathroom. "Where are you going?"