Chapter Forty-Three

Where Loose Ends Get Tied

Y/n's Pov:

This is it, it was time.

I was walking to the post I was told to go to. Everyone else was too, some of my friends were stationed in posts close to mine so that was good but Katsuki, Aizawa, and Present Mic were stationed somewhere else.

Everyone was given a hearing device so we could communicate from afar. I quickly put mine on and looked over at Katsuki. After he got his on he came over to me, and I hugged him.

I felt his arms tighten around me like he was desperately trying not to let me go. "You better come find me afterward." I could hear unsureness in his voice.

I'm scared for him but I know he's physically strong, I hope he can be emotionally strong right now too.

"I will. Try not to actually kill any of them, just kick their asses."

I pulled my head off his shoulder and looked at him. His hands went to the sides of my face, and my lips went to his, sealing a kiss, it was desperate but neither of us cared.

He pulled away first and I instantly missed the feeling of his lips, he didn't say anything else and just looked at me. I wanted to know what was going on in his head but I knew whatever it was he would tell me after all this is over.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before we had to go our separate ways. My stomach kept knotting, turning in ways I didn't think were possible.

I held it, squeezed it, hoping that would do something but it didn't.

"Are you okay?" I turned my head to see Todoroki walking beside me, he was so quiet I didn't notice, or maybe because I was too far in my mind.

"I'm okay, I was just thinking. That's all." It looked like he was scanning my face, and when he was done he spoke.

"It's okay if you aren't. I'm not." That took me by surprise.

"Why? If you don't mind me asking."

I didn't want to push him to say anything, Todoroki seems like a closed-off guy but also someone who isn't afraid to speak his mind.

"We just got you back from the League and we're charging right back in, and there's a chance you could be taken again or worse. I don't understand how things could just play out like that."

Yeah, the universe works in strange ways I guess.

"Me neither." I paused. "But I think no matter what happens, at least we did something you know? At least we fought for good." My eyes moved up to the sky to see it full of stars.

It was beautiful, probably the most beautiful I've seen.

"Y/n." I looked at Todoroki again. "I'm glad you decide this is where you wanted to be." I'm glad too, I can't imagine being anywhere else now.