Chapter Thirty-Three

Understand!

Understand!

Y/n's Pov:

It's been a day and I feel sick.

This place brings up weird memories for me. Some were good, some were bad. I'm trying to focus on the good ones but they make my stomach hurt.

I sat quietly in the corner, in a chair that I thought I'd never sit in again. I usually sat here before, and everyone knew not to sit here because I would get so mad when they did.

I was a bitch, actually, I still am but I'm more understanding now.

Spinner was standing on my right, he's like my lap dog. He was always trying to impress me but I found it stupid and embarrassing. I still do.

Twice and Compress we're sitting on the couch flipping through channels on the tv. Toga was sitting on the floor with a smile on her face as she tried to balance her knives, she likes her knives.

Shigaraki was sitting at the bar and Kuroguri was standing behind it making drinks for everyone. And Dabi was just standing by the wall waiting for his drink to be made.

It was always like this before, I didn't mind it but now it seems so depressing.

"Y/n tell me everything you saw! You saw Izuku and Ochaco right!?" I looked at Toga was just smiling at me, waiting for me to speak.

I crosses my arms. "Yeah, they were annoying. It was hard to get away from them when they were all over me." She giggled and started swaying back and forth.

When I thought about them I thought about everyone else. I miss them, I miss Aizawa and Present Mic. I miss Katsuki, I miss him a lot.

Dabi handed me a drink. "What about the others? How bad were they?" I took the drink from his hands. I knew what he was really asking.

I looked around and saw no one was paying attention. "Quiet, he doesn't speak out much but when he does it's only to speak his opinion." I whispered to him.

I smile at the memories flooding in my head. "Still, he was nice." Dabi cleared his throat and I remembered where I was. "They all got on my damn nerves."

He nodded and I watched him leave the room. I wanted to say something else but I knew I couldn't with everyone in the room.

Shigaraki spoke. "That boy, the bratty one." When he said that I immediately looked over at him. He was talking about Katsuki.

"What about him?" He didn't look at me, just the cards in his hands. "He seemed distraught when you walked over." Of course he noticed.

I looked at my cup and messed with the handle. "He took a liking to me. I used that to get some information about him and the others."

Shigaraki went back to playing his game like that didn't interest him enough to care. "Tomorrow will be a long day, go get some sleep. Father likes it when you're well rested."

I already know that, I don't need him to tell me. I quickly finished my drink before getting up and heading to my old room.

When I made it I was about to close the door but a foot stopped me. There's only one person I know who wears fine leather boots.

I opened the door again to see Dabi standing there. "What do you want?" He moved past me and I closed the door getting the hint he wanted to talk alone.

I turned and looked at him. "Are you gonna tell me why-" He cut me off. "Are you going back?"

I was confused but at the same time, I wasn't. "You know I can't." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "You can't stay here, he'll kill you when he finds out."

Dabi was always a little smarter than I'd like him to be. "I don't know what you're talking about." He chuckled and that chuckle turned into a laugh.

"You don't think I noticed how that brat was looking at you." He shook his head at me. "You're lucky the others are stupid." I didn't know what to say.

Lying to him would get me nowhere, I'm not sure if telling him the truth would either. "There's nothing I can do now."

He saw the look on my face and sighed. "You're trying to protect them aren't you." I hate how he just knows things. "I'll try for as long as I can."

Dabi stood there for a moment before he came over to me and just let me hug him. He's not an affectionate person but when he knows one of us needs it he will open his arms.

"Do you know what you're doing?" I shook my head in his chest. "No idea." He rubbed my back with one hand and he kept his other to his side.

I let a few tears fall as I thought about everything. "We'll figure out something." He was trying to give me hope but I knew it was a long shot.

I wiped my nose and pulled away from him. "Can I be honest with you?" He didn't say anything, he was waiting for me to continue speaking.

"I don't really care what happens to me. But the others...they welcomed me even though they knew nothing about me. Aizawa and Present Mic opened their home even though they knew I had done bad things."

I wiped the fallen tears off my cheek. "I don't get that." I hate crying but it feels good. "Things will work out."

He knew I didn't believe that but he still said it anyway. "Dabi, back then, why did you leave me so easily?"

"We would have been caught if-" I stopped him. "No bullshit." He said nothing, but he didn't have to. "Dabi, what did you think would happen?"

He became still. "You were trying to get me out of this weren't you." I'm not an idiot, I knew what he was up to the moment he said that I would be alright.

"It worked didn't it." Dabi is probably the stupidest man I've ever met.

"It did but look where it lead us, right back here." I was upset, after all that we still landed right back at the start. It almost seemed like this was it, there was no coming out of this.

Even if we tried we would just keep coming back to this like it was some cursed loop keeping us here. This is our purpose, to be used as pawns in a terrible man's game. And the game only ends when the man wants to stop playing or when one of the pawns is 'out of the game.'

I'm pretty sure you get what I mean by that.

"So you and the brat?" He was trying to change the subject and I let him. "His name is Katsuki."

He faked gagged. "That's gross." I laughed at his reaction. "Still, I didn't think he was the type." He paused. "Or your type for that matter."

I shrugged with a small smile. "He surprised me. And after a while I don't think I could help it."

God I miss him. I hope he's doing okay and that he knows that I am sorry. I hope he understands why I did what I did. I'm pretty sure he would.

Dabi crossed his arms. "You'll see him again."

I hope so.

********
1257 Words

How was it?

Songs Suggestions for book playlist: