Chapter Forty-One

Used To This!

Used To This!

Y/n's Pov:

When I heard his voice I quickly sat up, confused.

"Dabi. What- How did you get my number?" I asked as I got out of bed and grabbed my shirt off the floor.

"It's not hard to look shit up kid." I laughed as I held the phone between my ear and my shoulder to put my shirt on. Once I did I headed out to the balcony, making sure to close the door behind me and lean against the railing. "What's going on? Why did you call me?"

"Just making sure you're still alive and well." He paused. "The heroes treating you alright?" I smiled at his question, he was always like that but it seemed more emotional now.

"Yeah, they are." I held myself with my left arm, still holding the phone up to my ear with my right. "That's good kid. I'm happy for you."

If I had to pick one thing I missed from before it would be Dabi, he's kinda like my older brother. He always looked after me when Shigaraki was being an asshole or when All For One took training too far. Which was more often than I'd like.

"Dabi, why did you call me? You and I both know you wouldn't risk contact unless it was something serious." I heard him sigh.

"In two days, the plan All For One was talking about, it's gonna happen then."

My eyes slowly widen. "Dabi-" He cut me off. "The old building off route ***, that's where it's happening. Shigaraki is pissed, he's not gonna stop until that brat of yours is dead or..."

"Or what?" I asked him. "Or until your dead."

The air in my lungs got stuck for a moment. I pushed my hair back and told myself to breathe. "What's gonna happen?"

"A lot. Shigaraki is gathering as many villains as he can and the others are on some kind of shitty war path."

It hasn't even been a full day, why does shit have to hit the fan right when I'm happy? "Alright, thanks."

"Try not to get yourself killed kid." I sadly smiled. "You gonna be there?"

I waited a good minute before he said something. "A lot of us want to get out, but that kind of life ain't built for us." I few silent tears fell from my eyes.

"It could be." I was desperate, people are gonna get hurt and I don't know if I can handle that. "Kid, you gotta do what's right for you. Don't worry about me I'll be alright."

I wiped my cheeks and nodded to myself. "Okay." I cleared my throat trying to get rid of the built-up tears.

"Am I gonna see you again? After?" I could feel the smile on the other side of the phone. "Maybe."