Chapter Thirty-Eight

By Your Side!

By Your Side!

Aizawa's Pov:

There are sights I never want to see, and the way Y/n is right now is one of them.

She looked distraught, tired, and so disappointed, not at us but at herself. I want to comfort her I do but I just don't know how to get back to before.

We just need more time but that's not really in our favor right now. After visiting Y/n we had to report to the hero commission. They were gonna decided what they wanted to do with her.

We were gonna try and convince her to let her out but it might be hard since this asshole wants to give us a difficult time. "The commission stands with our initial point. The girl is too dangerous to be let roaming free."

"Y/n." Tsukauchi clarifies. "Has no prior offenses. She's innocent!" The older man shook his head. "She does have a prior offense. She knew the League would arrive at UA and spoke nothing of it."

I spoke up. "She was scared, she didn't say anything because she thought she had a solution. She realizes now that she was wrong."

An older woman scoffed. "You're the hero who took her in yes?" I glared at her as I nodded. "Yes I am, and I can tell you that she's not dangerous. She had plenty of chances to attack us but she didn't. She made her place in my home, she became a great student and a great child."

"And that's your problem right there Eraserhead." I looked at the older man again. "You're treating her as a child and not for what she really is. A threat!"

Alright, I'm about to beat the shit out of this old guy.

Tsukauchi stopped me before I could take a step. "You can't get like that, we're here for Y/n. If they see you like this they won't let her come home."

I looked at him and understood what he was saying. I took a deep breath and looked at the hero commission once again. "Would you like to know something?"

I asked but didn't expect any of them to answer. "She's a better hero than all of you sitting there right now." Their eyes widen at his statement. "Excuse me?"

I stepped up to them. "You are excused. An eighteen-year-old girl risked her life for her friends, for her teachers, and not even that but for every hero she's come in contact with since we took her in. No one but her knows the League's weaknesses and she was willing to risk her life to stop them from attacking us."

I breathly laughed. "She's in there watching goddam birds fly to the window instead of helping us track down the bastards that have been causing us problems since All Might was here."

No one said anything until one man who hadn't said anything spoke. "You care a lot for the girl. Does she mean something to you?"

I answered without hesitation. "I think of her as my own." She's my kid, no matter what she's done she'll always be my kid.