Chapter Fourteen

The Look of Pity!

The Look of Pity!

Y/n's Pov:

I sat down with my back against the wall as everyone walked in with their hero costumes on. "So are they already pros?"

Eraserhead shook his head. "Right now they just have their licenses but because they're still students there's a limit to how much they can do out on the field." After saying that he went over to the others. "Alright, here are your partners."

I was about to start working on my assignment but I heard yelling and explosions. I quickly looked up and saw Kaminari hiding behind Sero.

Bakugo was a few feet away, his hands were sparkling or something, and they looked hot.

"Bakugo what the hell man! I was just talking!" Bakugo rolled his eyes. "You were saying bullshit, shut the hell up and fight me!" He takes fighting very seriously.

I stopped working for a moment to watch the fights. Their quirks are amazing, I bet it took a long time to master them.

I wonder what a quirk feels like.

"You alright?" I looked at Eraserhead who was standing right beside me and watching the fights as well.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." I went back to work after saying that.

When the class was over Mina, the guys and some others walked up to me.

"You guys were amazing!" Having a quirk does seem like fun but it also looks like a lot of work to handle it, props to them. "So when do we get to see your quirk Y/n?"

They don't know? I thought they had already known that about me, but I guess not. "Oh, I don't have one." I think I scared them when I said it so casually.

They stared at me again but this time it was one I didn't just dislike, I hated it. It was the look of pity.

"What?" I asked them. "Nothing, it's just we've never met anyone who was quirkless so it's just surprising." Even though they were saying that I could tell they were disappointed I didn't have one.

For some reason that made me upset, I don't need their pity it's not a big deal, it's just a stupid quirk. "Does it matter that I don't have one?"

Mina waved her hands. "No no, it doesn't. We just can't imagine what it's like that's all." Well yeah obviously.

I thought that was the end of it but then they said something that just pushed me over the edge. "Yeah, it's no big deal, at least it makes you more interesting."

What the actual hell?

I could see instant regret on their faces but at this point, I didn't care. The conversation was cut short when Eraserhead called me over to leave.