Chapter Forty

The 'L' Word(This chapter may not be suitable for some readers)

The 'L' Word
(This chapter may not be suitable for some readers)

Y/n's Pov:

I thought things would be awkward when I joined everyone at the table but it wasn't.

Everyone talked and laughed like I had never left, like everything was okay now and they could just go back to the way things used to be. I wanted that too, but it was hard knowing what could happen.

"Alright, it's done!" Sato yelled as he brought his homemade cake over to the tables. Momo was walking beside him and once he put the cake down she stuck candles on top of it.

"What's this?" I asked her. "Since you didn't get to blow out your candles on your birthday we thought you might want to now." She lit the candles and pushed the cake closer to me.

"On three guys!" She counted and once she yelled 'three' they sang happy birthday to me in rhythm.

When it came to an end I blew out the candles with one breath. They clapped and cheered while Momo started cutting the cake.

"So what did you wish for?" Asked Midoriya. "Nothing." I looked at him with a small smile on my face. "I'm happy with what I have right now."

He understood what I meant and smiled brightly at me. "Okay! First piece goes to Y/n!" No one argued with her and I smiled at them.

Yeah, I have everything I need right here.

After we finished the cake some of them went to bed but Mina and the guys wanted to hang out just a bit longer.

It was still a bit early so I agreed and the usual gang except Katsuki hung out in Sero's dorm room since he had a game counsel. It was about an hour later when they finally headed to bed.

"Y/n." I turned back to Mina who was standing there with Sero, Kirishima, and Kaminari. "Are you gonna come back to school?"

I smiled at them. "Maybe." They were okay with a 'maybe'. At least it wasn't a flat-out no. They nodded and went off to their dorms. I was about to walk off but a voice stopped me.

"Y/n." I looked back at Mina who was still standing there. "You should make your move with Bakugo." Why is she bringing this up now?

"Why?" She moved her eyes away from me and to the ground. "When you left I thought we'd never see you again. Bakugo told us you didn't want us to save you but he ignored that and still convinced us to help him."