Chapter Eight

'Midnight' Shopping!

Y/n's Pov:

"Okay dear, sit right here." I went over and sat on one of the beds.

Recovery girl got up from her rolling chair to get headphones and rolled over a big player thing. It was a tan color, it had buttons, knobs, and lights on it. She came back over and set them down for a moment.

"This first test will have you listen to certain sounds. When the sound is over tell me if it reminds you of anything." I nodded and she gave me the headphones to wear.

I put them on and waited for her to start the noises. The first noise I heard was weird, it was like really high-pitched. I could barely hear it.

It stopped and she looked at me for a response. "I'm not sure, I couldn't hear it all that well." She was okay with that answer and played the next sound.

This one I didn't like, It was banging noises. She saw my discomfort and stopped it. "Uh, it reminded me of the time Eraserhead dropped a pot in the kitchen. It made that noise but like on repeat." Eraserhead rolled his eyes.

"It was an accident." Recovery girl sighed at his attitude. "I'll play the next one." She did so and this wasn't bad, it was chirping noises.

Once it was off I spoke. "When I got out of the hospital and the first day I was here. I heard birds." She nodded in satisfaction. "One more and that's it for today okay."

I nodded once more and she turned a knob. I didn't hear anything at first, I was confused until there was a loud noise.

It was like a pop or something. I quickly pulled the headphones off and held my ears, it hurts. Recovery girl quickly came over and tried to help me. "What was that?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

My ears hurt so bad. "It was a gunshot noise. I'm sorry dear." Why did they think that would be a good idea? She removed my hands from my ears and quickly got up. "She's bleeding."

When she said that I moved my hands in front of me and saw what she was saying was true. My hands were covered in blood, my breathing started to become unstable.

Eraserhead grabbed some napkins and started to wipe off the blood from my hands. "It's okay, you're okay just breathe." I closed my eyes and tried to do what he was telling me.

I felt Recovery girl's hands on my ears. She hmmed. "How strange." Eraserhead stopped cleaning my hands and looked over at her. "What?"

Recovery girl moved her hands away from my ear. "Nothing seems to be wrong, her eardrums are still intact and I don't see any openings the blood could have come from."

When I was finally breathing normally I looked down at my hands to see the blood was gone and now on the napkins. "Again I'm sorry dear. If I had known I wouldn't have played it." I didn't respond to her, I just wanted to leave.