Intro/Prologue

Hey everyone! My name is Storm and this is my fanfic! 

So... In this one Wilbur is able to shapeshift into a cat and he hasn't shapeshifted back into a human in years. He lives as a stray cat in a small village. But then one day, this kid finds him and takes him home. 

This is his story....

Oh! Ages; 
Wilbur; Full grown but not old as a cat, fifteen year old human. 
Tommy; Ten as a human, raccoon hybrid that's not quite full grown yet. 
Techno; 17, Piglin hybrid/shapeshifter- He often has the characteristics of a piglin (aka tusks, pink hair, hates cold, loves gold) but he can also shapeshift to be more piglin (Like full on pig but able to stand up)
Phil; Avian- Not a shapeshifter, but he has wingggggggggsssssssssssssssssss

I might draw these guys later. 

This is supposed to just be a cute little thing so there shouldn't really be any trigger warnings. Swearing obvi, and maybe a few mentions of abuse that I'll make sure to bring up. I know that being sick is going to happen so maybe that's a trigger idk...

TW; past abuse mentions, starvation (not purposeful)

-----------------------------

Wilbur sighed. His stomach growled. He'd been walking for ages, with no idea where to go. 

He was only twelve years old, but he was on his own. 

Actually, he'd been on his own since he was five. 

Wilbur shivered in his hoodie, trying to hide from the rain. He kept going, despite not knowing exactly what was going to happen. He had a system; Walk for a while, find a village, steal for a few weeks and stay in the alleys, then people would realize who exactly was stealing from them and Wilbur would have to move again. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't like he had anything else. 

Wilbur shivered again. It wasn't perfect, far from it. He had no home, no food, only the clothes on his back. But what else was he supposed to do? Go back to the system?

No. Way.

Setting his shoulders, Wilbur kept walking. The only thing that saved him was his shapeshifting abilities. Being a cat was easier than being a human a lot of the time.

Being a cat was easier...

Wilbur thought back to the houses full of abuse, shouting, places he could never go back to. The orphanages full of kids who bullied him and stole his things. As a cat, no one paid attention to Wilbur. He was able to sneak around without worry of getting caught. And if he did get caught, he was mostly cute enough to slip away without a scratch. 

Being a cat is easier...

Wilbur sighed, making a decision. He didn't want to be a human anymore, not if being human meant pain and shouting and everything it had meant for Wilbur. He wanted to be a cat, he could be a cat. 

Wilbur shapeshifted, and Soot padded on to the next town. 

--------------

Two years later...

Soot yawned, stretching. He padded out of his box into the daylight, scratching the worn collar around his neck. All it said was his name, Soot, but it was one of his most prized possessions. Well, he was a cat. He didn't exactly have possessions. 

His stomach growled, and Soot winced. He hadn't eaten in a few days, but he wasn't sure where exactly to get food. Hopefully someone would be easy to steal something from. Maybe. Possibly.