Now it's all going to hell

Soot woke up feeling like crap.

Tommy was at Tubbo's house hanging out with him and Ranboo, who was suddenly best friends (Soot didn't get it, but that's how it works when you're -checks quietly- ten.) So Soot had slept in Techno's room, purring to help the eldest fall asleep. 

When he woke up, he didn't feel good. His head ached and his paws felt too big and he was so  warm and his nose was runny and he just wanted sleep. 

Soot closed his eyes again, trying to get some sleep. But just then, Tommy burst into Techno's room.

"TOMMY GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" Technoblade screamed upstairs. 

"I want Soot!" Tommy shouted. Ranboo, an enderman hybrid with half black half white skin and hair, as well as Tubbo watched from behind the door.

Techno ran upstairs, picked up the blonde and dragged him from Techno's room. Then, Techno took Soot and gently dropped him at the kids feet. "There," he muttered, shutting his door. "Now go bother someone else, because Phil's not here and I'm too tired."

"Phil's not here?" Ranboo asked. 

"No," Techno rolled his eyes, shutting the door. 

"He's at work, but it's summer!" Tommy grinned. "Which means we have nothing to do! Come on Soot!" 

The boys ran downstairs, but Soot just laid on the cold floor and slept.

————————

"Soot? Soot? Come on Soot, wake up!"

Soot opened his eyes slowly. Tommy and Techno were bent over him, and Tubbo and Ranboo stood off to the side. "See?" Tommy demanded. "I told you he didn't look okay!" 

Techno nodded, looking concerned. "Let me call Phil. We should get him to the vet."

Tommy stepped back, putting his knuckle in his mouth. (My nervous habit) Tubbo came up next to him and put his arm around Tommy's shoulder. "It's gonna be okay," he whispered. Ranboo came on Tommy's other side, trying to comfort him.

Techno came out of his room. "Phil's on his way home," he said. "We should probably get you two home."

Tubbo nodded. "I'll call my mom. She'll get both of us home." 

Tubbo's mom Puffy had picked up Ranboo and Tubbo in fifteen minutes. Phil was home in thirty.  "What's wrong?" he asked. "Where's Soot?"

"He's upstairs, he hasn't been moving," Techno answered. "The kids left, it's just us two."

"Okay, let's get him in the car," Phil said quickly. Techno gently scooped up Soot and carried him to the car. Technoblade sat in the back so Tommy could sit next to him. Tommy kept petting Soot and murmuring reassurances. Phil stayed quiet, driving fast. 

Techno was trying to ignore the flurry of thoughts running through his head. He was trying not to have a panic attack.

He was failing. 

"Techno, breathe," Phil commanded. 

Techno looked up. "Are we almost there?" he asked. 

Phil nodded. "A couple minutes."

"Is he going to be okay?" Tommy whispered. 

Phil nodded again. "Of course. He's just a little sick, alright?"

Tommy kept petting Soot, and Techno put his arm around his younger brother's shoulders. 

Phil parked the car. "We're here," he murmured. 

Techno gently picked up Soot and carried him to the vet office. Phil talked to the receptionist as the two boys sat with the cat in the chairs. Phil sat with them. "Vet should be out in a minute," he said.

Sure enough, a few minutes later a girl with a white coat came out. "Hello," she said. "I'm doctor Niki, one of the veterinarians here at L'manberg hospital. I'm going to take Soot back with you guys and we'll take a look at what's wrong."

"He just woke up like this," Tommy said as they started walking into one of the rooms. "We don't know what's wrong."

Niki smiled reassuringly. "It's alright, that's what I'm here for."

Soot laid on the table they'd set him on, too tired to move or react as Niki stuck something up his ass, which weirded him out. She weighed him, and looked in his mouth, nose, eyes and ears. "I'm really sorry," she said. "But I think you've wasted your time. I know there's some rumors that hybrids are treated better when they shift into an animal and go to a vet, but it's not true. It's better if he shifted back to human form and you took him to a doctor."

Soot stiffened. "Uh... he's not a hybrid," Phil said.

Niki looked confused. "Sir, I have a PHD in veterinary, including hybrids. This is most definitely a hybrid between a human and a cat."

Techno frowned. "What are you talking about? He's been our cat for over nine months, he's not a hybrid."

Niki gave him a concerned look. "Soot? Care to chime in here?"

Soot sat up, pressing against the wall. His breath picked up as fear spiked through him. "Soot?" Tommy asked. 

Phil nodded. "Thank you, Niki," he said. Techno picked up Soot and they started walking to the car.

Soot was freaking out. The first family he'd ever found, and they were going to get rid of him! He was going to have to change back into a human and he'd lose them forever! They didn't want a human, they hadn't even wanted a cat!

Doing the only thing that made sense in the moment, Soot jumped out of Techno's arms and ran.

"Soot!" Tommy shouted. He tried to run after Soot, but the cat was too fast. Soon, the little boy was gone.

Soot curled up in an alleyway. What was he going to do now?

——————-

So my goal is to finish this story, then work on the next one that I haven't been....

Stay safe, stay happy, stay kind.

You are loved!

-TehMidnightStorm