Who are you? Who are you? Who are youuu?

I'm hiding from my problems and my life.

Inna tuba case

Tw ; mentions of self harm (old scars) mentions of past abuse.

—————

Wilbur woke up slowly. He was trying to figure out where he was and why he couldn't feel his tail. What had happened? 

Wilbur tried once again to move his tail. He was super hot and so thirsty, but he just wanted to go back to bed, too tired to get up and find Tommy or Techno. 

Speaking of which, why wasn't he in one of their bedrooms? He was in the guest bedroom, which he wasn't allowed in lest he get cat hair all over everything when he was a cat. 

When he was a cat... 

With a start, Wilbur shot up out of bed. He looked down. Instead of fur, there was his old yellow hoodie. Instead of paws, there were fingers. And instead of his ears... Wilbur reached up and felt his fluffy hair, something he hadn't felt in years. 

Wilbur threw the blanket off of his legs- his legs what?- and went outside of the room. Well, he stumbled out of the room very gracefully of course. 

It was dark out, and Wilbur of course had no idea what time it was. He didn't really have a sense of time as a cat, and that translated to now. 

Wilbur stumbled slowly downstairs. He was half trying to find some water, half trying to find somebody. He was sleepy, and most likely to pass out soon. He leaned against the wall of the hallway. 

"Soot- Uh, Wilbur?" 

Wilbur turned. Technoblade was sitting on the couch reading a book. Wilbur knew he would read if he couldn't fall asleep, which of course he couldn't since Soot helped him fall asleep. Techno stood up. "You... You're awake," he said. 

Wilbur nodded, not exactly meeting Techno's eyes. 

"Um... You want some water?" Techno asked. 

Wilbur nodded again. 

Techno waved him into the kitchen. "Why don't you... sit down or something?" he gestured to the dining room table. 

Wilbur nodded a third time and sat down. Techno handed him a glass of water. "You don't look too good," Techno said. 

Wilbur shrugged, drinking some of the water. "We're... not getting rid of you," Techno said. 

"W-What?" Wilbur stuttered, his voice hoarse. 

"We're not going to get rid of you," Techno repeated. "Not unless... ya know, you have somewhere to go." 

Wilbur shook his head. 

Techno nodded. "Thought so," he said. "So, what's your story?" 

Wilbur looked down. "Um... I... I ran away from the orphanage when I was twelve, shifted into a cat, been on my own ever since." 

Techno nodded again. There was a lot of nodding. "Uh... I... I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry?" 

Wilbur shrugged. "Not your fault," he said. 

"I know what it's like," Techno said. 

"What?" Wilbur looked up.

"I... I was an orphan," Techno said. "Philza adopted me. Tommy's his bio kid, I'm not. I was in the system for... a while." 

Wilbur nodded. "You do know what it's like," his voice kept cracking. 

"You probably shouldn't talk much," Techno said. "At least, not right now. When's the last time you talked?"