BATHTIME!

Mrow

-------------

"Sooooooot! Look what I got!" 

Soot lifted his head from where he'd been asleep on Tommy's lower bed. The little blonde came in, dragging some bags with him. "Okay. So I got toys and food, a litter box which is just gross, I was going to get you a bed but you seem to like mine anyways. I would get you one of those little climbing things, but I don't know how I would hide it. Okay, food bowl, water, toys, I think that's all." Tommy pulled out a little mouse with a bell on it. "Here Soot!" 

Soot stood up and stretched as Tommy jangled the little bell. He trotted over, pawing at the bell. Tommy giggled and threw it across the room. Soot chased the little mouse and started pawing at it. Tommy laughed and started setting up the rest of Soot's stuff. 

He filled the little bowl with food, and Soot sniffed it, stealing a couple bites. He wasn't used to eating a lot of food, since he'd been a starving stray for years now, but he was able to gulp down a few more mouthfuls before he went back to playing with the mouse. Soot decided to name it Friend, and he batted it across the room. He shook it in his teeth, and it flew across the room, onto the desk. Soot meowed in frustration. He couldn't reach it! 

Tommy looked up from his closet where he was setting up the litter box. "Geez. That's going to be interesting. Here Soot." He came over and gave Soot Friend back. Soot gave him a grateful mew before returning to his mouse. 

Tommy finished setting up the room with a satisfied sigh. "There! You should have everything you need." He came over and hugged Soot. "Geez! You reek, and that's coming from me. Sorry mate, but you need a bath." 

Soot looked up at Tommy. He hated water. Tommy better be joking. 

"I know cats can clean themselves, but I got to get the street off of you." Tommy sighed. "DAD! I'M GOING TO TAKE A SHOWER!" 

"Okay!" Tommy's dad, a man named Phil, yelled back. 

"Good thing too!" Tommy's brother, a piglin hybrid, Techno, shouted back. 

"Shut up you wanker!" 

"Tommy! Language!" 

"Yeah yeah yeah!" 

Tommy rolled his eyes and picked Soot up, unbuckling his collar and sneaking the cat into the bathroom. "Alright, I'm sorry." Tommy started filling the bath. 

Soot shrank against the door, his back arching. "I know." Tommy mumbled. "I'm aware. Just let me do this, just this once." 

He picked Soot up, despite his obvious reluctance. "I hate baths too, but we have to do this. You reek man." 

He tried to put Soot in the water, and Soot put his claws on both sides of the tub, resisting. "Soot! You gotta go in the tub!" Tommy said. 

Soot resisted harder. "Soot, please. Just this once, I need you to work with me." Tommy attempted to lift Soot and turn him, causing Soot to grip the sides of the tub again. No way was he going in that water! 

Tommy sighed. "I didn't want to do this," he said, closing his eyes. "But you've left me no choice." 

Tommy poofed into a raccoon, leaving Soot unbalanced. His claws slipped and he fell into the tub with a splash!

Soot yowled, trying to get out of the water. The sides of the tub were too slick, and he wasn't able to get out. Tommy had poofed back into a human and was now holding Soot in the tub. "Sorry!" Tommy kept saying. "I'm sorry Soot, but you need this." 

Soot growled at him, an annoyed but not threatening growl. He didn't want to scare the kid. 

"Yeah yeah." Tommy rolled his eyes. "Calm down, would you?" 

Soot let Tommy soap him up, rinse him, and dry him. Soot shook his fur as soon as he was outside of the bath. 

"Ack! Now I'm all wet!" Tommy laughed. He'd jumped into the bath in raccoon form so he'd be wet and Phil wouldn't ask any questions. His blonde hair was now sticking up at awkward angles, and Soot couldn't help but purr out a laugh. 

"Of course now you're happy." Tommy rolled his eyes. "C'mere, let me blow dry you." 

He turned on the dryer and blew dry his hair and Soot. Soot relished the warm air against his wet fur, and was happy the water was slowly slipping away from his fur. Tommy brushed the cat's fur out as well, making him look great. 

"And finishing touch." Tommy said, pulling out a new black collar. He attached Soot's old tag to the collar and buckled it around Soot's neck. 

Soot shook his head, getting the feel for the new collar. He liked it on his neck, and thought it was better than his old red one, which was starting to get itchy. 

"You're perfect!" Tommy smiled. 

"Tommy? Who are you talking to?" a monotone voice asked from the other side of the door. 

"Uh... No one! Just... Myself!" Tommy said. 

"Oookay then, Theseus." 

Tommy sighed. "That was close." he whispered to Soot. 

Soot just meowed. 

-------------------

Bit shorter of a chapter but it's finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne. 

Stay safe, stay happy, stay kind. 

YOU ARE LOVED!

-ThemidnightStorm