The boys are back in town

Me and my family had a therapy session from 1-3:30 in the morning...

---------------------

Technoblade had his eyes closed when he heard the door open. He slowly opened them, expecting to see his dad or maybe one of his friends. 

Instead, the person who came into his room had an IV, matching hospital gown, and really messy brown hair. 

"Wilbur?" Techno croaked. 

The brunette turned, grinning. "That's my name," he said. 

"Wil!" Techno smiled. "I didn't- You're here! How are you here? They wouldn't let me see you. Said transport was too difficult." 

"Well it was difficult," Wilbur agreed. "But I managed." 

Techno gestured towards the chair by his bed. "Sit, sit." he said. 

Wilbur happily obliged, and hobbled over to the chair. Apparently the dumbass thought it was a good idea to use his IV as a makeshift crutch and limped his way down to Techno's room without anyone knowing or realizing. 

Wilbur sighed as he sat down. "I'm-" he tried to say. 

"Don't," Techno interrupted. "I don't want to hear it. I'm not mad at you, and you don't need to apologize." 

Wilbur hung his head. "I feel like I should." 

"Well don't." 

Wilbur laughed. "You... You weren't supposed to be up there." 

"Next time, try sending the text right before you jump." Techno rolled his eyes. 

Wilbur laughed hysterically, and slowly Techno joined him. "What the fuck?!" Wilbur demanded. "What the fuck is happening? How the fuck did we get here?" 

"We're fucked." Techno agreed. 

Slowly, the two boys calmed down, both clutching their aching sides as well as they could. 

"I do want to-" Wilbur started. 

"NOPE!" Techno shouted. "I don't want to hear your apologies. Okay?" 

"But I didn't mean for you to be up there!" Wilbur cried. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt! No one was supposed to get hurt!" 

"Except you?" Techno demanded. "Wilbur, what the hell happened? What you said... Why did you ever think that I wouldn't want you around?" 

Wilbur looked down. "It's... It's stupid." 

"It's not stupid." Techno said firmly. "What is it we used to tell Tommy? It doesn't matter if you think your emotions are stupid. They're there, and we need to deal with them." 

Wilbur nodded. "I just... There were these kids during lunch and they started telling me all these things, things I'd heard in my childhood from bad homes." 

Techno nodded. They'd both heard some of the most depreciating things towards themselves. They had both been in the system. 

"And they started telling me that you guys didn't want me, that no one would want me, and that you only kept me around because Tommy wanted me around. So...I started to believe them." 

"Wil..." Techno whispered. 

"I didn't want to run away..." Wilbur continued. "I... You were the only family I've ever gotten. My only real family. I didn't want to just run away from all of that. I couldn't... I couldn't do it." 

"So you just wanted to end it all." Techno said. 

Wilbur nodded. "Pretty much." 

"Wilbur," Techno said firmly. "I am so so happy that I was up there on that roof. If I would have lost you... I would have followed you. I can't handle losing both of my brothers." 

Wilbur looked down. "Is it true?" he asked. 

"Is what true?" Techno demanded, his eyes narrowing. 

"That... That you only kept me around because of Tommy. That you like Tommy more than me. That... That you'd rather I'd died instead of Tommy." 

"God no," Techno answered. "You're so much less annoying than Tommy was." 

Wilbur struggled to see if Techno was joking, until the pinkette finally cracked a smile. "Seriously though." Techno said. "That's not true. None of that... It's not true. I can't imagine my life without you, okay? I didn't want Tommy to die. I can't say I'd rather he died instead of you. But I sure as hell don't wish you'd died instead of him. You're my brother, and I love you." 

By the time he'd finished Wilbur's eyes were filled with tears. "I love you too bro..." he said, his voice cracking. He stood up, using his IV as a crutch again, and hobbled over to Techno's bed. He proceeded to lay across Techno's chest in an attempted hug, his arms wrapped around his brother's shoulders. 

"We're all we got." Techno murmured. 

"We'll stick together." Wilbur said back. 

"Promise?" 

"Promise." 

They broke off when Wilbur heard a commotion down the hall. "What the hell?" 

Phil burst into Techno's room. "Techno! Have you seen... You little shits." 

Techno and Wilbur stared at Phil's frantic face, then glanced at each other, then back to Phil. "What?" Wilbur asked.

"What?!" Phil demanded. "What?! Do you have any idea what sort of trouble you're in? The hospital is frantic and turning itself upside down trying to find you. You freaked your girlfriend out again might I add. Not to mention me!" 

"Why?" Wilbur asked. 

"Why?" Phil repeated. "Somebody decided to try and throw himself off a roof and is now on suicide watch! That's why!" 

"Oh..." Wilbur said. "Oops." 

"Oops?" Phil repeated. "Oops! You are so far past oops! You are solidly in oh fuck territory now, you understand?" 

"Sorry?" Wilbur tried. 

Phil closed his eyes and sighed. "The doctors told you that you needed rest. That you weren't allowed to get up. They told both of you that!" He glared at Techno. "And you knew he was on suicide watch! I told you!" 

"I just... We were having a moment." Techno shrugged. 

Phil sighed, rubbing his eyes with his hands. "For the love of- Do not fucking move. Actually, let me help you sit down, and then don't fucking move, okay?" 

He helped Wilbur hobble over to the chair and then went to get the doctor. "For the record," Techno said. "I didn't realize that nobody knew you were here." 

Wilbur grinned. "Maaaay have left that part out." 

---------------------------

Ayup. So... how's life. 

I think I may have covid... Which just means y'all will get more chapters. 

Of course, I haven't told anyone yet that my throat hurts and my head hurts and I want to die, so I'm just gonna suffer for a while. 

Stay safe, stay happy, stay kind. 

YOU ARE LOVED!!!!

Don't do half of what I do, kay? 

-Themidnightstorm