I'm trying my best.

So I've decided I hated this story and just want it to end. 

I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do... 

Probably. 

Also, I have a really awful habit of picking my nails, and one of them is really bad and really hurts but my headphones are dead, so I just stopped caring and am writing despite the pain.

You're welcome. 

---------------

Philza watched in horror as his son started shaking, flailing. A nurse ran in. "He's seizing!" she cried, and others raced in. One nurse pushed Phil out the room. "You need to wait out here." he said. 

"That's my son!" Phil screamed. "I need to be with him!" 

"Sir, you can't help him," he said. "You'll only be in the way. Let us help. We'll get you when there's any updates." 

Phil watched as he ran back into the room. He remembered what Techno had said to Tommy, way back when, before they even had Wilbur. 

Tommy was resting in his bed, his busted arm and leg casted. "I hate it here." he said. 
Techno sighed at the side of his bed. "This is why you don't climb trees." 
"It's too quiet." Tommy complained. 
"I know," Techno sighed. "But it's good. It's when hospitals are loud that you need to be worried. 

Now, the hospital was fucking cacophonous. 

And it was all aimed towards Techno's room. 

Phil was having a hard time breathing. He slid down the wall. He was hyperventilating and knew he was having a panic attack, but he couldn't stop it. This was too much, too much, too much! 

"Sir?" 

Phil stared at the floor, not really seeing anything. He was panicking, his thoughts racing. He was so so so scared. What would happen to his boys? Would they die? That was a possibility! Phil couldn't survive with losing either one of his boys! He wouldn't be able to make it! He...

"Sir? Can you hear me? Nod if you can hear me." 

A voice penetrated Phil's spiral. He jerked his head up and down, trying to... respond. He didn't recognize the voice. 

"Can I touch you?" 

Again, Phil nodded. Whoever it was grabbed Phil's hands and said "When I squeeze, breathe in, when I let go, breathe out." 

Phil let the stranger guide him through the breathing exercise.  They took about seven or eight breaths until Phil's head began to clear. 

He looked up and saw an angel. 

Well, okay, she wasn't a real angel. But she was beautiful. She had long flowing black hair, a fair face, and beautiful eyes. She was bent down to Phil's level, and she was staring into his eyes, concern etching her features. 

Oh hell yeah I'm going here. 

"Are you alright?" she demanded. "You were having a panic attack. Are those normal?" 

Phil shook his head like it was a fucking etch-a-sketch, trying to clear it. He would have rubbed his eyes, but the girl was still holding them and he really didn't want to let go. 

"Can you talk? Are you nonverbal?" 

Phil shook his head. "N-No," he stuttered. "I-I'm sorry." 

"It's okay," she sat back, (sadly) letting go of Phil's hands. "I'm used to dealing with panic attacks." 

"You- You are?" Phil asked. 

"Yep," she shrugged. "I'm a social worker, I understand." 

"Y-You are?" Phil stuttered, starting to stand up. 

"Yep," she repeated. "Name's Kristen." 

"Phil." he said softly. 

"Why... What happened?" Kristen asked. 

"My boys are in the hospital," Phil murmured. "And one of them... just had a seizure." 

"I'm so sorry," Kristen whispered. 

"W-Why are you here?" Phil asked. 

"I'm just checking on one of the kids in my care. He decided to climb a tree and I have to investigate that it was in fact a tree." 

Phil nodded. "I get that. Two of my kids are adopted." 

"How many boys do you have?" Kristen asked. 

"Two, now. One passed away a few months ago." 

"I'm... Wow, I'm so sorry." Kristen said. "I don't know what to say." 

Phil shrugged. "It's alright. I get it." 

"Is there anyone here with you?" Kristen asked. 

"My son's girlfriend and their friends will show up soon. I'm kind of like their second or third dad." 

"Good," Kristen nodded. "I'm going to walk you back to that group, okay?" 

Phil nodded and they started to walk. "So... How long have you been a social worker?" 

"About five years now, not too long, comparatively speaking." 

"Does it ever get easier? Seeing kids like that?" Phil asked. 

"Does being a dad ever get any easier?" Kristen countered. 

Phil laughed. "Fair enough. I will say, it gets more difficult." 

Kristen nodded. "I would too." 

They ended at the far side of the waiting room. "Oh, the group's over there." Phil said. 

Kristen smiled. "I hope everything ends up okay." 

Phil nodded. "I do too." 

Kristen reached out and squeezed Phil's hand before dropping it and turning away. "W-Wait, Kristen?" Phil asked. 

Kristen turned back. "Yeah?" 

"Would... um, would you want... my number? We can talk and... I don't know, find out what happens in each of our situations." 

Kristen smiled. "You want my number?" 

Phil shrugged. "I-If you don't mind." 

Kristen smiled, pulling out her phone. "Sure." she said. 

The two swapped numbers, and went their seperate ways. Phil walked towards the group, only to get met with "OooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" 

Phil rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. Shut up you guys." 

The group laughed. "Who's the girl?" Dream teased. 

"She's cute!!!" Sapnap laughed. 

"Imagine their wedding!" Niki exclaimed. 

"Y'all have issues." Phil sighed. "Thank you for coming." 

"Don't try and change the subject!" Eret laughed. 

----------------------

Hey... 

Happy Valentine's Day, my not single friends. 

If you are single, here's an update and a place to comment that. Let's make some friends (or just make other singles happy and feel confident) 

Stay safe, stay happy, stay kind. 

YOU ARE LOVED!!!

Themidnightstorm