Sicky boi

Tw; Sickness... I guess...

-----------------

Soot often went exploring around the house. Tommy's door never completely latched, so it was easy to open, and then he'd walk around the house or lay in the sun while Tommy and his brother were at school and Phil was at work. It wasn't like Soot was looking for anything, he just really enjoyed not being cooped up in Tommy's room alone all day. 

While Soot was lying in a patch of sun downstairs, the front door open. "Alright Toms, just go lay down on the couch, okay bud?" 

Soot stiffened. That was Phil's voice. He and Tommy were home. 

And Soot was downstairs. 

Tommy let out a sleepy mumble in response. He had seemed less energetic when he was home this morning, but Soot thought he was just tired. Soot ducked behind the couch just as Phil and Tommy came into the living room. 

"I'm going to go grab you some water, okay? Just rest." Phil walked into the kitchen and came back with a water cup and a small trash bin. "Just in case." he said. Tommy curled up in a blanket and Phil sighed. "I'm sorry bud. Just get some rest. I'll be downstairs working if you need me, just call. Okay?" 

Tommy nodded and Phil went downstairs. Soot jumped onto the couch, letting out a concerned mrrow? 

Tommy looked up. "Soot?" he whispered. "Awww... Hey Soot." 

Soot mewed again, nosing Tommy's face. Tommy reached up and pet Soot's head. "It's alright. C'mere." He cuddled Soot close. The cat waved his tail across Tommy's arm. Tommy was like his little kitten, his sunshine and Soot never wanted to see him hurt. Soot purred quietly, trying to help the little boy relax. 

Phil started walking upstairs. 

"Shit." Tommy whispered. "Uh... Soot, hide!" 

He threw the blanket over Soot, hoping the cat would stay still. "Hey Tommy?" Phil asked. 

"Yeah?" Tommy asked nervously. 

"I forgot, you need to take some medicine." 

"Ewww!" Tommy said. "No! Ewwww no!" 

"I know you don't like it, but it'll help you feel better!" Phil protested. "I'm grabbing the medicine." 

"I hate you." Tommy declared passionately. 

"I'm sure." Phil rolled his eyes, going into the bathroom. He came back with a syringe full of medicine. "Open your mouth." 

"Mm mm." Tommy's mouth was closed firmly. 

Phil sighed. "Tommy, I do not want to argue with you." 

"So don't." Tommy said through gritted teeth. 

Phil was able to shove the syringe into Tommy's semi-open mouth and into his teeth. Tommy was forced to open his mouth and Phil pushed the medicine into his mouth. He covered Tommy's mouth with his hand. "Swallow." he said. 

Tommy glared at his dad, but had no choice but to swallow the medicine. Phil smiled, satisfied. "See? Now was that so bad?" 

"I'm not speaking to you." Tommy mumbled. 

Phil ruffled his son's hair affectionately. "Okay, Toms. I'm going to go work now. Call me if you need anything, okay?" 

Tommy just growled, coughing. 

Phil sighed. 

------------------

Techno came home at about four pm that day. Phil was still working downstairs, so Soot was still with Tommy. Tommy stiffened when he heard the front door open, and threw the blanket over Soot. "Hey Theseus." Techno said. "How are you feeling?" 

"Like shit." Tommy answered. But at least I have Soot.

Why is it that angst is always longer than fluff? 

I just wanted a cute moment. 

Stay safe, stay happy, stay kind. 

YOU ARE LOVED!

-Themdingihtstosrm (That was a genuine attempt, I am not dyslexic. I'm just tired)

Catbur Soot (Not a furry)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara