Chapter Thirty Seven

Lienna

"Lienna?" Frigga called quietly. Bless her for seeing that Loki was asleep. Recently, he hadn't been sleeping too well, but it was most likely excitement for the wedding. That was what was keeping me up often.

I pulled myself carefully from his arms, nodding at the Allmother. I slipped into a light dress. Today was wedding dress day, though it could very well turn into multiple days.

Frigga smiled at me with her proud motherly look. "Lienna, I am so excited!"

"I could say the same," I replied. "Choosing the dress only happens once, I think."

"Let's hope so," Frigga said with a wink. We saddled our horses fairly quickly for a half-asleep almost princess and a queen, and rode through the gates.

Today would be the first time for a while that I had happily left the palace without Loki or Thor, and I quite frankly enjoyed the ride with Frigga to the seamstress's shop.

The shop was a lovely building nestled in the heart of the city surrounding the palace, and I was immediately in love. The exterior of the shop was white and quite unlike the typical Asgardian architecture with flowers spilling over the windowsills and golden light flowing out of the windows.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Frigga said, admiring it as much as I was. "One of my favorite places in Asgard."

I wanted to respond with my favorite, but as a child, I never left Svendrel's, and I hadn't really ever left the palace besides with Thor and I was fairly certain that wasn't Asgard, nor did I wish to speak about that. Loki and I had gone to his secret little hollow, but I was sure he didn't wish to have Frigga know about that.

Instead I stayed silent, dismounting my horse as Frigga did the same. I was uncontrollably excited to see all the different dresses made for beautiful women to wear on their wedding day. It was amazing, and I wouldn't have wanted to feel any other way.

We stepped into the warm interior of the shop. A woman about my age spun around from her mending and grinned. She jumped up and embraced Frigga, kissing her cheeks.

"It's been so long!" she said happily. "I'm so excited to work with you and lovely Lienna!" She turned to face me. "I am Annika."

"Well, Annika, I'm excited as well," I said with a smile.

She nodded. "Let us begin, then. Follow me up the stairs, and I'll get you measured."

The staircase was grand, and not unlike the palace one, only smaller. Frigga sat herself down on one of the sofas in front of a brightly lit mirror as Annika pulled me into a dressing room. She measured me while asking questions about myself.

"What's he like?" Annika asked. "Loki, that is."

"Well, he's so tricky around others. He likes to mess with people and argue and everything that comes with being the god of mischief, but around me he gets soft. Passionate and gentle, even."

Annika nodded, pinning and measuring and laughing at herself and occasionally my comments. She was like an older sister and I was immediately comfortable with her.

"I think that about wraps up your measurements. You have a lovely frame," she complimented.

I blushed. My body was always something I wasn't quite comfortable with, as most girls often feel at one point or another. The little insecurities I suppose make us who we are in a way. Our flaws, whether we accept them or not, make up our lives and the impression we leave on others.