Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Lienna

We arrived back at my room very late.

Thor kissed the back of my hand. "Lady Lienna, it was truly a pleasure to spend my day with you. I'd love to do it again."

"It was a pleasure for me as well. I'd be happy to spend more time with you," I replied. Thor grinned, then disappeared around the corner. I rested my head against the gold door, not even bothering to enter the room. I was utterly drained of all my energy. Thor was a generally pleasant companion, but he talked to no end.

"Are you sure we don't need to help you dress, Prince Loki?" I heard a familiar voice croon.

"No, no, I'll be fine. You need to go rest in order to be energized!" I heard the prince respond. Footsteps sounded down the corridor, heading right for me, but I didn't move.

I heard a low, dark chuckle. I realized with a sinking stomach that Loki was right beside me.

"Is the God of Thunder too much for Moren's daughter?" he asked mockingly.

I lifted my heavy head off the door to face him, putting on my most sarcastically shocked face. "Is the God of Mischief jealous?"

Loki's face went slightly red. "No! I... Have a good night, Lienna." The he turned around and disappeared into his chambers. I did the same. Sleeping in a bed was better than sleeping on a door.

The bed was soft, and I was asleep almost immediately.

××××××

I pulled the comb through my hair laboriously, having had . Today meant either being ignored, having my ears talked off by Thor, or with Loki. Spending my day with Loki was pretty much a mystery, and I wasn't sure I wanted to solve it.

I placed the silver sparkly circlet on my straight black hair. I smiled at myself in the mirror, examining my features.

I felt like I looked as plain as possible, with straight hair and pale eyes and skin as white as snow, but I was one of the more exotic looking citizens of Asgard.

I had on a simple blue dress and black heels that were considerably shorter than yesterday's to prevent another broken rib. Earlier, a healer had informed me that I had a strange condition that gave me soft bones. Which was odd, considering the fights I used to tangle myself in.

I quickly ducked into the hallway, attempting to avoid the high and mighty God of Mischief and failing miserably. In fact, I smacked right into him. Loki wrapped his arms around me to prevent a fall and was obviously more graceful then I would ever be.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

He laughed. "It's more my fault than yours." He quickly dropped his arms. "Allow me to escort you to breakfast."

I nodded. Better with him than lost. The short journey was almost unbearably quiet. I knew he was stealing glances at me, but I didn't return them.

Finally we reached the dining hall. Loki seized my hand and looked into my eyes intensely. I began to pull away from the uncomfortable gaze but Loki held me tightly.

"Brother!" Thor yelled. Then he hesitated. "Lienna?"

Loki gently guided me to his side. "Hello, Thor."

I blushed. "Hello."

"Am I interrupting?" Thor asked awkwardly.

I pulled away from Loki. "No. You weren't interrupting at all." Then I seated myself at the table next to one of the Warriors Three, Volstagg as the other Warriors laughed at Loki. Loki and Thor seated themselves in front of me. Thor was understandably confused and Loki was utterly annoyed. That should teach him not to mess with me.