Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Lienna

I held my breath as I followed Odin into the private meeting room behind his throne.

"Please, Lienna. Have a seat," Odin said, gesturing to a chair. I sat down stiffly.

Odin sat down across from me. "You're wondering why I called you in here." His voice was devoid of expression. My senses were on alert.

"Loki has told you about your fates, I assume?"

I nodded.

"And it's going well with him? This relationship is rather important." His stare burned holes in my solid expression.

"More or less."

Odin frowned. "If you are falling for Thor, you need to reevaluate your priorties. Thor will be fine. However, make your relationship with Loki your own."

"Oh okay," I coughed. I meant Ander.

"If there's anything else I should know, tell me now before I continue," Odin stated.

"I have a fiancé." It came out before my mind caught up. Something I was trying to forget.

Odin was shocked, as shocked as the Allfather could look. "Why was I not informed?"

"I... I don't know..."

"Consider your engagment broken."

The Allfather just broke my engagment. I was free now, but I felt even more tied down.

Odin sat back. "The last matter now. How do you feel about Sondra?"

I swallowed hard. "She has a definite thing for Loki."

Odin nodded, interested in what I had to say. I felt like he was using me for gossip, and I hated it.

"She's annoying. She's hot tempered, easily jealous, wants things she can't have... Sondra's pretty, though. She could easily get what she wants."

"I just sent her home."

I wasn't surprised. Unfortunately, I was scared. If I wasn't destined to be with Loki, I could've been dropped at the bat of an eye. "So Thor has no one?"

"Oh no. She's coming." Odin glanced away thoughtfully. "She's coming, I can feel it."

Someone new. Hopefully the right one for Thor. My heart still hurt for him; he had been nothing but sweet and caring, but he wasn't for me.

Odin stood. "Thank you for having this discussion with me. I'll be seeing you."

"Thank you." I left quickly, unsure of my feelings for what had just gone on.

On my way up to my room to get ready for dinner, I bumped into Queen Frigga.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized, separating myself from her.

She smiled sweetly. The queen was beautiful, probably the most beautiful in the palace. "It's alright, my dear. Getting ready for dinner?"

I nodded.

"I want to let you in on a little secret." Her smile grew as she leaned in. "You're my favorite."

I blushed. "Thank you, your Majesty."

She waved her hand. "Call me Frigga."

"Frigga," I replied, grinning.

"That's better. Now, I apologize, but I have some matters to attend to before our meal. I'll be seeing you, dear." She smiled warmly and disappeared around the corner.