Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Lienna

I woke up filled with a beautifully terrifying cold. It hurt, yet felt better than warmth. Of course it was a strange feeling; one I had never felt before. Something wasn't right. Gravity was pulling on me in a different way.

My eyes opened slowly to a room that was not mine. I looked around frantically. Loki's familiar horned helmet was sitting on a desk. I looked over slowly.

Right next to me, a pained expression on his sleeping face, was Loki. I was in Loki's room.

He seemed to be having a nightmare. That might explain the cold. Suddenly his face twisted in anguish and blue lines spread across his skin. The air chilled quickly and the aura of the room seemed to darken. Loki writhed in pain. My stomach dropped as my heart began to pound.

His hand seized my arm, and the cold burned. Loki's nails dug into my skin with a pain not unlike a snake's bite. I tried to loosen his grasp, to shake him awake. Now I was truly afraid. My skin went from white to red to purple, then finally a numb gray with lines of blood.

Loki's gripped tightened with inhuman strength. I could feel my bones giving way to his desperate clutch.

I cried out. "Loki! Please, you're hurting me! Wake up!"

Loki dropped my hand and sat up, the blue leaving his skin. He ran his hand through his long black hair, then looked at me. Loki was scared. And then he looked down at my ice-scorched arm.

Tears were coming now, but I didn't sob or scream. My mind spun round and round and my stomach was unsettled. I was in shock, confused and scared and very near fainting.

Loki didn't say anything; he just looked in horror at my arm and himself. He quickly took me in his arms and teleported somewhere. My eyes started to slide closed. Then they shot open, as if I had no control over it. My arm went limp as feeling left it

I couldn't focus on anything. My mind clouded over and my hearing faded. My thoughts started to melt together and spun around.

"It was an accident, Odin! I- I couldn't control it!" I heard Loki growl. His voice was filled with a saddening agony, as if he was truly sorry and filled with remorse at his accidental action

"A costly accident! She could've died! You can't let that happen! You useless Giant!" Odin yelled back. The words must've stung, but I could barely remember to breath, let alone have emotions.

Then an unbearably cold pain ripped through my arm and shot through my head. Then my eyes slid closed for good.

××××××

A little Chosen girl, mine for the taking.

If only your fates weren't intertwined, maybe I could keep you.

It's a good thing that god is such a stupid, wreckless giant. So easy to blame...

So easy to erase from our equation, Lienna. Sweet dreams, beautiful.

A cloud of red-hot agony ripped through me, tearing through my muscles and surging like a spike through my arm.

A cold laugh echoed through my mind.

I could feel cold hands dragging themselves across my bare skin. I felt vulnerable and violated.

Sweet dreams indeed.