Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Lienna

I very nearly burst apart. "Loki, I haven't been exactly honest with you."

A shocked expression came across his pale face. "Yes?"

I glanced at my gloved hand. "When I lost my hand and was in a coma, I heard a voice in my head."

Loki groaned. "Lienna, you don't think that would need to be at my attention sooner?"

"I didn't exactly trust you a few days ago. But the voice, it told me that he wanted me for himself. He was willing to get rid of you and said it would be easy because you are a Frost Giant, which makes you easy to blame." I looked over at Loki. His skin had a light blue tint to it, and he looked on edge. "He said I would soon be his."

Loki urgently took my hand. "We need to speak to Odin about this. As much as I hate him, he might know what to do."

Just then, we stood in Odin's throne room.

Loki strode toward the Allfather. "We have a problem."

Odin looked at Loki like he was another annoyance. "What have I told you about addressing me in that way? I am either Allfather or Father to you, son."

Loki rolled his eyes obnoxiously. I shifted my weight awkwardly. "Fine, Father." Then his tone softened. "Lienna is in danger, and I need your assistance."

Odin looked at me. "Lienna, dear. Come closer and tell me your predicament. Anything to help a future daughter."

Loki flinched. I stepped toward Odin.

"Something or someone is challenging my intertwined fate with Loki."

Odin raised an eyebrow. He didn't seem interested, and it annoyed me.

"When I was in a coma, I experienced a voice in my head that told me he was-" A sudden rush of vertigo overwhelmed me. I started to fall, and thankfully, Loki's arms caught me.

"Wisteria! Has no one told you I am occupied at the moment?" Odin yelled as I readjusted myself.

"Is Lienna in here?" she asked. I frowned.

Odin sighed. "Yes. We were having a discussion, so if you don't mind..."

"That's all I need." Then the door slammed.

Odin turned back to Loki and I. "She's such a strange girl. Thor is infatuated with her, but she's almost always in town. Are you faring well, Lienna? Do you need a drink?"

I shook my head. "I think I should just lay down and continue when I feel well again."

Odin nodded his approval. I stumbled to my room with Loki's help.

As my eyes slipped closed, a pain rocketed through my head.

Don't you forget. You are mine for the taking.

××××××

Don't forget to be an active reader! Vote and Comment!