Chapter Fifty Six

4,000+ COMMENTS - JANUARY 1, 2016
300,000 READS - JANUARY 2, 2015

Chapter Fifty Six

Lienna

A sudden bright light filled my eyes. My lungs began to work as normal and heat returned to my body in a rush, pumping adrenaline into my veins. My mind instantly cleared and my heart seemed to come back to life.

I forced my eyes open, addressing the most pressing topic, too confused to form a proper hypothesis about my situation.

A beautiful sky sprawled above me, the moon and sun sharing the horizon with a strange juxtaposition. The light that had brought me to consciousness softened into a gentle sunset. I realized that I was laying in overgrown grass, which made a better bed than it seemed, and a relaxing sweet scent filled the air.

This is not Asgard, was my first coherent thought as I lay in the grass. This is not my home. But if this is not Asgard, then what is it?

I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. To my right was a beautiful building, not majestic like the palace, but beautiful in its strange familiarity. The massive doors had intricate runes and images carved into it. Some of the words inscribed on the door told of heroes and victory.

"Valhalla," I whispered, not quite believing myself.

"Yes, my dear," a man said from behind me. My mind told me to be ready to defend myself, but my heart told me this voice was too familiar to be afraid of. "That is the first feast of Valhalla."

I turned to face him. A rush of elation and love filled my body as if I had poured the sunshine into my soul. I ran to him, throwing my arms around him. "Father!"

He laughed, a warm, hearty chuckle that could thaw any frost giant. "Lienna! Look at how lovely my daughter has become! Your mother and I knew you were bound to blossom into a most precious flower."

I couldn't help but beam. "Thank you, Father. I was truly blessed. Where is Mother?"

He gave me a gentle smile, guiding me over to a flowering cliffside. The view was of a massive canyon, one with a river and all sorts of flora and fauna running free. I was simply amazed at the sheer volume of seemingly impossible beauty that this land held.

"That, alongside a few other things, is what I have come to speak with you about."

I nodded, suddenly feeling the gravity of everything that had happened and pushing my awe at the beauty of the place to the side. Loki was alone with his belief that he had murdered me, Thor was nowhere to be found, at least to my knowledge, the Avengers were most certainly cemented in their belief that Loki was the spawn of all things evil, and Frigga was left to care for her dying daughter in law and her distraught and violent son.

My father continued. "Lienna, your body is so very near death that few can tell if you are even still alive." My gasp caused him to lay a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Do not fret, dear. You still have life in you."

I bit my lip. Loki must be in utter panic. They all must be.

"You have done all that a person in your place could do to earn a place with the greatest in Valhalla. We have been watching your actions since your mother and I left you on Asgard, and all have agreed to let you join us in Valhalla. You will see your mother and many other familiar faces and you will experience the feast of a lifetime."

"So this is where I leave my body for good?" I asked, hesitant. Valhalla was the perfect ending to any person's story, but I wasn't too sure my story was over yet.

"My dearest Lienna, this is where you choose to either enter with me into Valhalla and accept your place with the heroes or return to your body on Asgard."

I looked down at my feet. "This is why they sent you to greet me, isn't it? Mother wouldn't have given me a choice."

Moren laughed. "Yes, that is part of the reason. Your mother said that I was better with words and children and insisted I say something grand on her behalf."

I nodded, smiling up at him. "That sounds terribly like Mother."

He nodded. "She would also like you to know that should you choose to return to Asgard, it will most certainly not be easy. Your body will have to recover from its wounds and your emotional and mental state will be more unstable than it has ever been. Lienna, you are strong enough to handle these things, but it is your choice whether you choose to handle them or not."

I bit my lip, looking out at the scenery once more. "It's terribly beautiful here."

"Yes, it is," my father agreed, following my gaze. "And there is so much more to it that you can see if you choose to stay. I am going to return to your mother, seeing as I promised her I wouldn't be gone too long so I could tell her about you. You may come and find me once your decision is made."

I nodded. "I love you."

He smiled, proud and happy. "I love you too, dearest." Father hugged me tight, then let go, smiled at me one last time, and began making his way down the hill to the building I first woke up in front of.

I watched him for a moment, then turned my focus back to the sky. My mind buzzed with thoughts and emotions and nearly everything imaginable.

Then, with a smile, I chased after my father. I had made my decision.

××××××

-

-

-

-

THANK YOU FOR THE AFOREMENTIONED ACHIEVEMENTS!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

Also I was reading comments on the first chapter and everyone was talking about how much they loved Ander and how sweet he was but ooohh boooyy they are in for a big surprise ahahahahaha

Anyway, I love you and hope you are all well and good.

lots of love,
katiethenovelist