rinney- love language

For the longest time Robin had thought his love language was physical touch. Only from a certain someone, that is. Anyone else who tried to come close to him was pushed away almost immediately, not wanting to be anywhere near, well, anyone.

That rule applied to everyone but Finney, his boyfriend of two years. He loved being in the presence of the dirty blonde haired boy. The way their hands fit perfectly in one another's, locked so tightly, afraid one of them was going to leave the other. Their shoulders brushing together ever so slightly when sitting next to each other on the couch.

Robin adored it, his heart fluttering every time the younger boy would show any kind of affection. He felt as if they were teenagers again, getting all giddy and shy as if he was back in high-school with his first crush.

Finney's love language was physical touch as-well, always making sure to have some kind of contact with his boyfriend. He loved the way Robin would melt into his touch, holding him close as if it was their last time with each other.

Although Robin was dead set on his love language being physical touch, he couldn't help but have a thought cross his mind anytime Finney would compliment him, or tell him all the things he loved about him. His heart skipped a beat every time Finney would tell him stories about how he first came to terms why he fell for the boy when they first met, or gush over how Robin made him feel.

The thought had crossed his mind once again while sitting on the counter, watching Finney cook dinner for the two on a late Friday night, the house being empty, leaving the two boys by themselves. Finney was rambling about the day he had at university. The topic seemed to change when Robin started swinging his legs back and fourth while watching the boy cook dinner.

Finney had a soft smile, short glances turning into him watching his boyfriend sit cutely and fidgety.

"What?" Robin asked, a small tint of red rising in his cheeks as he caught Finney staring at him.

"Oh nothing," Finney said, a smug smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

Robin can't help but feel his heart race, knowing Finney had something to say to him.

"No no, tell me." Robin pushed, leaning his hands back on the countertop, waiting for a response.

"I just find it cute how whenever you're engaged in a conversation, you tend to fidget a bit." He nods his head towards Robins swinging legs. "It's one of my favorite things about you."

Robin smiles, looking down at his legs swinging back and fourth. He shakes his head, looking back up at the boy.

"What other things do you notice?" Robin asked, wanting to hear Finney talk about him.

"We've been over this before, Rob." Finney laughs, setting down the cooking utensils he was using. He makes his way over towards Robin, standing in between his legs while placing his hands on the counter next to his waist.

"I know, but I want to hear them again fuckbrain" Robin says, cocking an eyebrow.

"Well," Finney starts, watching Robins smile grow. "I love the way you melt into my touch," He says, placing his hands on the boys waist. "Or the way you're very protective of the ones you love. Or when you're really focused on something, your eyebrows raise slightly and you squint your eyes. When we watch a show or movie, your knee bounces just slightly and you move closer to me."

Robin smiles, his eyes getting lost in Finney's as he goes on about what he loves about him. He leans forward, placing his forehead on the others. He closes his eyes as Finney's voice gets quieter, stopping after Robin slings his arms around his neck.

"Thank you." Robin whispers, placing a soft peck on Finney's lips, watching him smile once again.

"You know, Rob, I love everything about you and have no problem reminding you everyday."

"When did you turn into a big softie," Robin snickered, cupping his face.

"Oh you know, just when my boyfriend needs my words of affirmation." Finney says, chuckling.

"That's what it's called?" Robin asked, leaning back once again.

"Yeah, words of affirmation is when you love to be told how much you're loved in detail, being reminded the little things people notice or remind about you. Having deep conversations or small talk about yourself with another person."

Robin thinks to himself for a moment. "Maybe that's my love language."

"It definitely is." Finney says, smirking. "I've known since the day you got all excited when I started telling you what I liked about you."

Robin placed a small smack on his giggle boyfriends shoulder. "You're a dick, you know that right."

"We'll of course I do, you remind me everyday." He said in between laughter.

"Those are my words of affirmation to you."