brance- candy store

"Bruce they have 155 different kinds of Root Beer!"

"Baby you don't even like Root beer."

"Well, I know! But that's still a ton! Imagine how much other stuff they have!"

Bruce preens over the fact he didn't get
punched for the pet name.

Bruce parks the car in front of the Candy Store and Vance flings his seatbelt off and jumps out of the truck.

"Keep doing that and you're gonna break an ankle." Bruce scolds, grabbing Vance's hand as they walk across the parking lot to the entrance.

"I'm not that short dipshit." Vance says, smacking Bruce's arm and pulling his hand away.

"Oh my god." Bruce says as they step into the store. The back wall is covered with assorted bottles of pop, it smells like apple pie and to the left there's a giant gumball machine that touches the ceiling of the building.

"This is awesome!" Vance says, letting go of his hand and dashing down the aisle.

Bruce watches in amazement as he fills up his hands ridiculously fast with candy. Bruce grabs a basket and heads toward him. Vance smiles and gratefully empties his arms into the basket.

At least four kinds of fudge and hard candies and apple turnovers. They haven't even moved out of sight of the front door. Bruce is going to be broke.

For some strange reason, like Vance thinking that he or Bruce actually cook, he dumps in some baking mixes, red velvet cake and gingerbread pancakes.

He thinks about saying something to stop him, like remember the last time they tried cooking and almost burnt the entire house around them, and Finney had hit them until they had lumps on the back of their heads because they'd all had to stand outside in January to wait for the firefighter, but Vance's already three aisles away and he's opened a cow tail and it's half hanging out of his mouth.