brance- kiss me, try to fix me

Bruce had been gone for a week on a trip. Vance thought he could handle himself, but that was proving to be difficult.

He found himself tired, starving, and in physical pain by the fourth day Bruce was gone. He couldn't sleep, the nightmares getting to him worse than normal. He didn't have the motivation to get up, let alone cook something to eat. And he had been in his binder for three days straight.

He was spiraling alone in their shared apartment. He hadn't left his bed besides to use the bathroom in two days.

Bruce was coming home today. He was going to be so disgusted and disappointed in him, he just knew it.

"So stupid," Vance said weakly, voice raspy from lack of use. Tears started falling from his eyes as he curled back into the sheets of their bed wrapped in Bruce's sweater.

—————

Bruce pushed the door open, excited to see Vance . It was the middle of the day so he expected him to be on the couch. But, he wasn't.

"Vance?" Bruce called into the house. There was no response. He slowly walked into their bedroom to see a lump of blankets.

"V?" He asked quietly. Vance didn't move.

Bruce walked over to the bed and saw Vance staring into space, eyes red and puffy from crying.

"Vance baby, what happened?" Bruce asked, concern lacing his voice.

Vance just sniffled in response, burying his face in the pillow.

"V, look at me," Bruce requested softly. Vance looked at him and burst into tears for the third time that day.

"Oh, baby," He said, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

Vance cried more and tried to get away from Bruce. He was disgusting, why would Bruce want to hold him?

Bruce let go and backed up, concern evident in his eyes.

Vance scrambled to the other side of the bed, sobs wracking his body.

"'m sorry. 'm s-sorry," Vance repeated.

"There's no need to be sorry, baby it's okay," Bruce said, "can I hold you?"

Vance nodded weakly and Bruce walked around the bed to wrap his arms around him again.

Bruce rubbed Vance's back, feeling his binder through the thin material of the hoodie.

"How long has this been on, baby?" Bruce asked gently.

Vance just held up the number three on his fingers.

"Three days?" Bruce asked, shocked. Vance just nodded, eyes tearing up again.

"Let's take it off, yeah?" Bruce gently started lifting up the hoodie Vance was wearing. Vance lifted his arms up so Bruce could get it off.

Bruce placed his hands on the Vance's sides, looking him in the eyes, silently asking for permission. Vance nodded.

Bruce pulled the binder up over his head and set it to the side. He placed his hands once again on Vance's sides rubbing soothing circles.

"Feels better, yeah?" He asked quietly. Vance nodded, attempting a smile, but it came out flat.

"Have you eaten?" Bruce asked. Vance shook his head.

Bruce nodded, pulling a shirt over Vance's head and then picking him up bridal style. He carried him to the kitchen and set him down so he was sitting on the stool by the counter.

He silently began making a sandwich for Vance.

After Vance ate, Bruce carried him back to their room. They lay down on their shared bed. Bruce pressed himself against Vance's back and wrapped his arms around his waist.

For the first time in a week, Vance was able to sleep peacefully.