rinney- im here now

TW- eating disorder!!
thank you for 18k views🖤🖤

Upon entering the apartment, what immediately struck him was how quiet it was. Shrugging off his jacket and toeing off his shoes, he called for Finney, who most definitely should have been home. After checking the kitchen and lounge and finding no sign, he headed for the bedroom. If Finney did actually have a migraine, which wasn't too often but it occurred sometimes, he'd be sleeping and that could explain the ominous silence.

Softly, Robin  pushed the door open and his heart sank. Finney was indeed in the bed, but he wasn't sleeping. He was just lying there, tears streaming silently down his cheeks, not even making an effort to hide. For a moment, Robin wasn't even sure Finney knew he was there until he made eye contact and Robin's heart all but shattered there on the spot.

He coughed and sniffed, and before he knew it Robin had crossed the room and engulfed him tightly in a hug. Finney broke even further then, the silent tears now just full-on sobs echoing around the flat.

"I'm here," Robin whispered. "You're not alone."

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Finney said into his chest. Robin shushed him, just holding him, stroking him tenderly and pouring as much love into him as possible in that moment.

"Estoy aquí, mi amor, te amo." He swallowed past the lump in his throat, he hated seeing Finney like this.

They lay there for who knew how long as Finney kept on crying and Robin kept on soothing, desperately wanting to take away his boyfriend's pain. When Finney began to calm down, his sobs becoming less and less frequent, Robin kissed his forehead and stroked a hand across his damp cheek.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Finney nodded, sniffing and wiping a hand across his eyes and as he sat up, Robin reached over to the bedside table to grab him a tissue. A muttered thanks, a few blows of his nose, and he was sat up against the headboard. It was as he sat up himself that Robin looked around the room and caught in his peripheral a possible answer to Finney' current state of distress.

Now curled up into himself, knees drawn up to his chest. It sent another jolt through Robin, seeing him this closed off. But he gave Finney space, positioning himself cross-legged facing him, far enough away to not intrude but close enough to reach for his hands.

"I have to," Finney began, "I have to say it out loud. I can't do anything if I don't let it sink in."

Robin nodded. "Take your time, Finn, take all the time you need."

Finney lunged forward then, grabbing for his hands, and Robin drew them to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss before letting them settle between them. He could practically see the thoughts whirling around Finney's head, but he was more than content to wait. Finney needed this, and Robin wasn't going to bail even if it meant they stayed up all night. How many times had Finney been there for him? Too many to count.

"I have an eating disorder, Robin. I have a problem and I need help. I've been having therapy at school and they're trying to communicate with my doctor to get me referred to specialists for official diagnosis."

Finney was slowly getting more and more upset again as he continued telling Robin everything, finally letting himself accept what he was struggling with. Knowing his precious Finney, the love of his life, his soulmate, had been fighting something within himself for-

He squeezed their hands gently. "mi amor, how long have you been fighting this?"

Finney sobbed, sniffed, then shrugged. "Since my mum passed, probably even longer."