rinney- daughters bday party (2)

"Are you surprised?" Finney asks and she nods while he rubs a hand along her back. "Go say hi to everyone." He tells her.

Everyone greets her with a happy birthday and her face lights up seeing her aunt and uncles because she had no idea they were there for her birthday. She gives them all big hugs and kisses.

"Happy birthday sweet pea!" Donna smiles as she shares a cuddle with her niece. "Five years old already, my goodness. It feels like you were just born yesterday."

"Tell me about it." Finney exhales and runs a hand through his hair.

"C'mere baby." Robin waves her over to a seat and helps her sit before getting some food onto her plate. "Happy birthday babe." He adds and kisses her cheek before ruffling her bed head as she stuffs her mouth with bits of pancake. "Don't rush, love. We have all day."

Indie ate breakfast with her family then went to sit on the couch with her brother while the adults got the house ready for her party.

Several Disney movies and a bath later, Indie was all dressed in her birthday outfit while her backyard is being transformed into a princess kingdom.

They had a castle shaped bounce house, a table that had tiaras, boas, princess shoes, and princess dresses hanging on a rack. The color palette was mostly pinks, gold, and white so they had a pink and white balloon arch over a table that had her cake on it as well as other treats and a huge light up letter I for her name and the number five on the other side.

They had a mini throne for her for when she's opening presents later on and even had a special guest coming too that she has no idea about.

The guests started to arrive in the early afternoon and their daughter was so excited that all her friends and family were there to help her celebrate her birthday. Finney and Robin saw her smile never leave her face, she was so happy.

Indie played with all her friends and cousins, bouncing around everywhere and getting all dressed up.

Anything for their kids.

Finney was sitting with his husband and some of their friends talking while watching the kids play with each other, getting along.

"What time is it babe?" Robin asks his husband, moving his hand up and down Finney's thigh.

"Um," Finney checks his phone. "Almost two thirty. Our special guest should be here soon."

"Oooh, who is this special guest?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

Roughly fifteen minutes later, the special guest had arrived so while Finney went to go get her, Robin wrangled all the kids to sit in a designated area and wait.

"Okay is everybody ready?" Finney asks from across the yard by the closed gate.

A chorus of "Yeahs" come from the kids and Finney sends his husband a smile before opening the gate to reveal their special guest.

As soon as the gate opened, a princess walked in very elegantly and all the kids gaspes seeing who it was.

"Princess Jasmine!" Indie shrieks and jumps up from where she sat along with the other kids around her.

"Hello." Princess Jasmine greets as she makes her way over to the kids. "I'm looking for an Indie Rose."

Indie gasped again and stood right in front of the princess. "I'm Indie."

"Why Princess Indie, I was told it's your birthday today. Happy birthday."

"Tank you."

"Why you're very welcome." Jasmine smiles at the group and sits down with them as they all intently listen to her tell them what it's like to be a princess and how to be a princess.

It was adorable and the girls were really enjoying it.

All the parents sat back and watched with smiles on their faces while Robin and Finney fist bumped each other knowing they made a good call arranging Princess Jasmine to come.

Indie was so excited and wore a smile on her face the entire rest of the afternoon.